Mr. Green Gaming

Infected Wars discussion topic

Turret Healing stick (AKA Stunstick)

What? :huh:

Tell me, did you know that you can heal your turret just by switching to Regeneration suit power?

Turret is for real men. :pipe:

EDIT:

The pistol is a much easier solution though, and there's actually some skill involved...

Why not just use crowbar during the meat cannon cooldown?

I just can't imagine a massive zombie using a pistol...

Edited by Quert

Turret Healing stick (AKA Stunstick)

What? :huh:

Tell me, did you know that you can heal your turret just by switching to Regeneration suit power?

Turret is for real men. :pipe:

EDIT:

The pistol is a much easier solution though, and there's actually some skill involved...

Why not just use crowbar during the meat cannon cooldown?

I just can't imagine a massive zombie using a pistol...

We're not talking about when you're up in their face. In close quarters the behe wins every time anyway. The problem is when they run around.

I'd disagree on that point about a pistol needing more skill. Hit-scan does not, in my opinion, need more skill than physics based weapons.

That wasn't to the crowbar, that was a response to what you said earlier about

Maybe make it so the meat launcher disables regeneration for a short time? Say 2 second on a direct hit, then falling off with splash?

And

Instead of that; I believe now he needs either more damage, higher splash damage with a greater radius, more movement speed, or a mixture of the three.

I personally enjoy Behemoth's tank feel.

The current problem with the behemoth is that if you meet one, it doesn't really pose a threat at all. You could just kinda play around with him till you're tired or some other zombie shows up then a quick buckshot to the face and run off. I think the behemoth should pack enough power to at last force the human to run away a bit. The pistol won't make him any stronger in any way except for that humans won't be able to just switch to regen while the behemoth is reloading and toy around with him as much.

The current problem with the behemoth is that if you meet one, it doesn't really pose a threat at all. You could just kinda play around with him till you're tired or some other zombie shows up then a quick buckshot to the face and run off. I think the behemoth should pack enough power to at last force the human to run away a bit. The pistol won't make him any stronger in any way except for that humans won't be able to just switch to regen while the behemoth is reloading and toy around with him as much.

I don't have a problem with dominating as Behemoth at all. You're not supposed to be a one-man army, you're supposed to draw players in, surprise them, drive them away from each other. I think the swing speed of the crowbar could be increased a bit (so getting near a Behemoth is even less recommended) but that's about it.

I don't have a problem with dominating as Behemoth at all. You're not supposed to be a one-man army, you're supposed to draw players in, surprise them, drive them away from each other. I think the swing speed of the crowbar could be increased a bit (so getting near a Behemoth is even less recommended) but that's about it.

I know this sounds stupid, but have you played since the armorbug got fixed?

I know this sounds stupid, but have you played since the armorbug got fixed?

The thing that made the Behemoth scary as balls was the uncertainty if the meatrocket was going to armor bug you.

As strange as this sounds, Armorbug actually kept the game in balance.

On the old server, I used to just regen between the shots, making it impossible for me to die unless the rocket bugged. You can just regen 20 armor and the rocket will only hit the suit.

I haven't played a ton of IW on the new server due to midterms, which continue next week as well, so for all I know Necrossin might have completely nerfed that strategy and everything I just said means nothing.

As strange as this sounds, Armorbug actually kept the game in balance.

On the old server, I used to just regen between the shots, making it impossible for me to die unless the rocket bugged. You can just regen 20 armor and the rocket will only hit the suit.

Which is why I think that a pistol for the behemoth is a good idea. If the human switches to regen after the meatcannon shot then they will at least take ~25 damage before the next shot comes and they have to change back to armor. I think it would be a good way to balance it up again.

How about make the 'chance to ignore suit armor' an actual attribute of the meatcannon. There's a reason I never really bothered looking into it.

I don't really think randomness suits IW that well. People tend to get really mad when random things happen to them, even just by being chosen as a zombie.

I couldn't agree with VMR more. Ever since the meat rocket launcher bug got fixed the Behemoth has been almost a complete joke. I still like my idea off disabled energy regen for 2 (subject to drop-off) seconds after impact. This will allow good Behemoths to shine while keeping him consistent and balanced.

To put things into perspective, I change class whenever I get Behemoth. He's that unenjoyable at the moment. :/

How about make the 'chance to ignore suit armor' an actual attribute of the meatcannon. There's a reason I never really bothered looking into it.

I don't really think randomness suits IW that well. People tend to get really mad when random things happen to them, even just by being chosen as a zombie.

Well mad = emotion = interesting game, so I'm all for it :V

I actually support this idea. It should scale by the amount of Special Forces players though, and have a 0% chance when there's less than 5.

It needs to be nerfed, that's what it needs.

How many people have this upgrade? :o

and people who like to attack the Behemoth head on, deserve to die from an explosion.

Edited by Guest

I have a couple of ideas for your new class, VMR, feel free to change these in any way.

Recon:

Knife:

-Standard Issue

Satchel Charge:

- Left click to throw on the ground. Right click to detonate.

- Same radius as C-4, only does 60 damage.

- 3 from Large ammo box, 1 from small.

- More than one satchel charge in range with one another will cause interference, causing them both to disarm.

Hyperion Jump:

- Hold right click to lock position.

- After 6 seconds, you are teleported to that location.

- Limited Range

- If damage is taken, you are interrupted.

Magnetohydrodynamic Emitter

Interrupts Satanic Rituals

- Locks on to target sacrificial baby.

- Fires a beam, after 4 seconds, sacrificial baby is destroyed.

- Limited Range

- Leeches 20 suit for each baby killed.

- Can be fired while moving. (Good for regaining energy in speed mode).

MP5:

Standard Issue

Deagle:

Standard Issue

Bonus Abilities:

While in any suit mode, 50% of damage taken is converted to suit damage.

Base speed is 25% higher.

Speed drains 25% less energy.

OVERVIEW:

This class is meant to be a mobile 'behind enemy lines' kind of class. The playstyle is to run around the map and kill groups of sacrificial babies in an attempt to push back the enemy forces. When in common human camping spots, Recon can teleport a short distance to a target location, in order to avoid leaving the main entrance and instantly being killed by zombies. It can also kill sacrificial babies easily from a range, while also leeching suit power.

Just some ideas I had. Dunno if they're even right for Infected Wars, just wanted to share.

Edited by Toaster

I have a couple of ideas for your new class, VMR, feel free to change these in any way.

Recon:

Knife:

-Standard Issue

Satchel Charge:

- Left click to throw on the ground. Right click to detonate.

- Same radius as C-4, only does 60 damage.

- 3 from Large ammo box, 1 from small.

- More than one satchel charge in range with one another will cause interference, causing them both to disarm.

Hyperion Jump:

- Hold right click to lock position.

- After 6 seconds, you are teleported to that location.

- Limited Range

- If damage is taken, you are interrupted.

Magnetohydrodynamic Emitter

Interrupts Satanic Rituals

- Locks on to target sacrificial baby.

- Fires a beam, after 4 seconds, sacrificial baby is destroyed.

- Limited Range

- Leeches 20 suit for each baby killed.

- Can be fired while moving. (Good for regaining energy in speed mode).

MP5:

Standard Issue

Deagle:

Standard Issue

Bonus Abilities:

While in any suit mode, 50% of damage taken is converted to suit damage.

Base speed is 25% higher.

Speed drains 25% less energy.

OVERVIEW:

This class is meant to be a mobile 'behind enemy lines' kind of class. The playstyle is to run around the map and kill groups of sacrificial babies in an attempt to push back the enemy forces. When in common human camping spots, Recon can teleport a short distance to a target location, in order to avoid leaving the main entrance and instantly being killed by zombies. It can also kill sacrificial babies easily from a range, while also leeching suit power.

Just some ideas I had. Dunno if they're even right for Infected Wars, just wanted to share.

Infected wars is an extremely fast paced game. Next time you're being swarmed by zombies make sure to stand still for 6 seconds, this will give you an idea of just how long 6 seconds can be, as it's easier to lose track of time when playing games. And by 4 seconds to kill a baby, do you mean I have to be within range of it for that time? If so then it's a highly inefficient weapon. Having said that, the same is true even if it's just a 4 second delay between use and destruction. In fact, the suit loss is enough to make anyone just use a satchel charge of a knife instead.

Furthermore, you are proposing we have a mobile class constantly behind enemy lines, yet you give it no true firepower. A class like this will easily get singled out and killed within moments of entering infected areas. I'd say that because it lacks any weapon it wouldn't even be able to take a bones in a head-to-head battle. I propose giving it the Assault's normal shotgun, or possibly an MP5, instead of the baby killer.