Mr. Green Gaming

Infected Wars discussion topic

Here is an idea:

I can 'rework' armor bug that it takes away ~40-50% of your health if it happens (instead of instakilling). That means both chance for human and for behemoth.

I still prefer my idea. In my opinion, luck has not place in Infected Wars. A behemoth should be able, in my opinion, to kill a human in 2-3 shots. This makes him scary, a moving threat. Your idea would not make the Behemoth much happier, as he'd notice little difference, and would make the players far more frustrated.

As a rethink of my idea: The same thing but it disables armor mode for 2 second (subject to falloff with splash) instead of disabling all regen.

Infected wars is an extremely fast paced game. Next time you're being swarmed by zombies make sure to stand still for 6 seconds, this will give you an idea of just how long 6 seconds can be, as it's easier to lose track of time when playing games. And by 4 seconds to kill a baby, do you mean I have to be within range of it for that time? If so then it's a highly inefficient weapon. Having said that, the same is true even if it's just a 4 second delay between use and destruction. In fact, the suit loss is enough to make anyone just use a satchel charge of a knife instead.

Furthermore, you are proposing we have a mobile class constantly behind enemy lines, yet you give it no true firepower. A class like this will easily get singled out and killed within moments of entering infected areas. I'd say that because it lacks any weapon it wouldn't even be able to take a bones in a head-to-head battle. I propose giving it the Assault's normal shotgun, or possibly an MP5, instead of the baby killer.

The Goal isn't to be able to escape zombies using teleport. Teleporting would be used out of combat, and would help with being able to escape camping spots without going out the main door. For example, on cbble, you could teleport through the window instead of going down the ladder and being killed instantly. The teleport is supposed to have a long targeting time for this very reason, so you cant instantly teleport back to base after you grab all the babies. In other words, once you're out of the base, good luck getting back in.

Note that this class isn't supposed to have much firepower, as its focus is to kill babies and drive back the infected. Give it any more firepower and you have another version of support. And it indeed already has an MP5.

make the hyperion jump take less time and lessen the %'s. also change the name, how does it do any form of recon?

Yeah, the name sucks. I couldn't think of anything better.

My goal with the stats is to make it so it can take less damage in speed mode. Its designed to be a hit and run class. Kill the babies, run away, repeat.

Also, remember, as I stated earlier: I'm just brainstorming ideas for VMR, as hes the one actually designing the class. Don't go too hard on me for the balance, I'm just giving general numbers on what I think they should be. I should have probably just changed all of the numbers in that post to x's.

Edited by Toaster

Infected wars is an extremely fast paced game. Next time you're being swarmed by zombies make sure to stand still for 6 seconds, this will give you an idea of just how long 6 seconds can be, as it's easier to lose track of time when playing games. And by 4 seconds to kill a baby, do you mean I have to be within range of it for that time? If so then it's a highly inefficient weapon. Having said that, the same is true even if it's just a 4 second delay between use and destruction. In fact, the suit loss is enough to make anyone just use a satchel charge of a knife instead.

Furthermore, you are proposing we have a mobile class constantly behind enemy lines, yet you give it no true firepower. A class like this will easily get singled out and killed within moments of entering infected areas. I'd say that because it lacks any weapon it wouldn't even be able to take a bones in a head-to-head battle. I propose giving it the Assault's normal shotgun, or possibly an MP5, instead of the baby killer.

The Goal isn't to be able to escape zombies using teleport. Teleporting would be used out of combat, and would help with being able to escape camping spots without going out the main door. For example, on cbble, you could teleport through the window instead of going down the ladder and being killed instantly. The teleport is supposed to have a long targeting time for this very reason, so you cant instantly teleport back to base after you grab all the babies. In other words, once you're out of the base, good luck getting back in.

Note that this class isn't supposed to have much firepower, as its focus is to kill babies and drive back the infected. Give it any more firepower and you have another version of support. And it indeed already has an MP5.

make the hyperion jump take less time and lessen the %'s. also change the name, how does it do any form of recon?

Yeah, the name sucks. I couldn't think of anything better.

My goal with the stats is to make it so it can take less damage in speed mode. Its designed to be a hit and run class. Kill the babies, run away, repeat.

Also, remember, as I stated earlier: I'm just brainstorming ideas for VMR, as hes the one actually designing the class. Don't go too hard on me for the balance, I'm just giving general numbers on what I think they should be. I should have probably just changed all of the numbers in that post to x's.

If you would, could you also respond to my reasons why I disagree? Because, not being rude here, they do still stand. And I do realise it's not to escape the zombie horde, but the time is still frustratingly long. I was using that as an extreme example of how long 6 seconds can be in a fast-paced game like Infected Wars.

If you would, could you also respond to my reasons why I disagree? Because, not being rude here, they do still stand. And I do realise it's not to escape the zombie horde, but the time is still frustratingly long. I was using that as an extreme example of how long 6 seconds can be in a fast-paced game like Infected Wars.

I'm pretty sure I summed it all up in the last sentence of my post. Not much more I can say.

I should have probably just changed all of the numbers in that post to x's.

You seem to disagree with two things. One being the times, which I agree, aren't the best since I just put in numbers based on my own opinion without thinking too hard about it.

The Other thing is the firepower issue, which I again answered. There isn't supposed to be much firepower on this class, so in my opinion, it isn't a problem.

I like feedback, but your previous post really didn't tell me much other than "you didn't answer anything." If you would like to provide feedback, put in your own numbers. How do you think the class should be made?

I doubt this class will even get past design phase. I'm not even counting on it, I'm just brainstorming. None of this stuff is supposed to sound remotely finished. :)

Edited by Toaster

Anyway, here is small info about 4 unlocks i added so far:

Assault expert

Weapon: 'Hellfire' IMI Galil

Special: has a chance to do burn damage

Achievements: Babylicious, Super Human, Crazy Bastard, Political Incorrectness

Supplies expert

Weapon: Sig SG552

Special: none

Achievements: Gun Shop, Deus Ex Machina, Slacker, Sound of Progress

Bones expert

Weapon: 'Lucky Foot'

Special: does more damage against crowd of humans

Achievements: Bone Cracker, Quick 'Fix', Bane of Humanity, Daredevil

Stalker expert

Weapon: Breaker's knife

Special: Some more damage based on owner's amount of health

Achievements: Japanese Horror, Jack the Ripper, Heart Breaker, Lick King

Edited by NECROSSIN

Am I the only one who is surprised by the bullshit between Assault Expert and Supplies Expert?

The hardest thing you have to do for Assault Expert is kill a couple babies. Then you get a gun that shoots fire.

The hardest thing you have to do for Supplies Expert is to heal 77,000 health-points. As a reward, you get a gun. Doesn't shoot electricity or anything - just a gun.

pls.

Agreed ^

Why not lower the required amount of heal (77k is way too much), or make it worthier? All that effort just for a Sig SG552 is a waste.

EDIT: Add an option to disable '!ravebreak' (Both in IW and ZS)

It's damn annoying, doesnt let anyone aim and it's just pointless. I'd atleast like to disable the 'headbanging' effect...

Edited by Quert

EDIT: Add an option to disable '!ravebreak' (Both in IW and ZS)

It's damn annoying, doesnt let anyone aim and it's just pointless. I'd atleast like to disable the 'headbanging' effect...

What, so that the rare occasion that it actually happens, you can go get a bunch of free kills?

Ravebreak is a break from the fire, and a truce between the humans and zombies so that they can all join together in a happy, enjoyable rave. :) If you can disable the headbanging, it kinda defeats the purpose.

It rarely happens, just deal with it for the 20 seconds.

Edited by Toaster

Not only in the end.

Box does it like... at least 3 times in the middle of each round

Also, if it's really supposed to be a 'TRUCE', no one should be allowed to attack then.

So even if someone isn't affected by the retarded headbang, he can't take advantage of that.

Edited by Quert

how about just don't do the !ravebreak

Many people (not me, ABSOLUTELY) would be sad if that happened, Silver.

And since i'm not a bastard who wants other people to be upset, I think that the best solution for that would be:

An option to at least disable the headbang and shitty music, that would be fine for those who hate it.

What, so that the rare occasion that it actually happens, you can go get a bunch of free kills?

Well, everyone will have a choice between getting free kills or "ENJOY" that retarded event

Or just disable any damage done during that.

Edited by Quert
  • 2 weeks later...