BF: Bad Company 2

Nobana

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone able to download the beta VIA steam atm?

I just says unreleased- i checked the forums and some people are getting it, others not.

Has anyone here got access?

Just downloaded it. Restart Steam and it should show up for you. There are no keys available (yet). Steam or EA has to send them out or something.

I've re-started steam several times. i might try a re-boot. (it'll help?). Thanks for the info though, is anyone else online yet?

You did pre-order the game through Steam right? If so, it should show up in your "Not installed" list.

Also, quote from an admin on the Steam Forums:

We are working to get CD keys as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Experiences so far:

- Netcode is horrible. Extremely laggy. I read BF2 had this problem at release too though.

- Crappy or no optimization (YET, hopefully), or the game just doesn't run on my PC.

- Great gameplay.

- Sounds/effects are superb.

- Keys tend to stick

Still BETA, so not really judging this game.

Experiences so far:

- Netcode is horrible. Extremely laggy. I read BF2 had this problem at release too though.

- Crappy or no optimization (YET, hopefully), or the game just doesn't run on my PC.

- Great gameplay.

- Sounds/effects are superb.

- Keys tend to stick

Still BETA, so not really judging this game.

Maybe lag because nearly everyone is playing it at the same time D:?

Beta released and stuff, servers need to handle mass player counts.

Dunno tho.

I like this game. It isn't as large scale as the previous Battlefield games, but the action is a lot more concentrated as a result. There's always stuff blowing up around you (I love that *FWOOM* effect when something detonates right beside you).

Another awesome thing is the destruction possibilities, allowing for some smart improvisation from time to time. I once blew down a few trees with C4 as a sniper, so I had a bigger line of sight from my camp spot :V

Too bad the beta only has one map :(

It sure is awesome.

I was in this three-storey building, and a tank was heading my way, I just managed to escape when it drove into the building and the whole thing collapsed over the tank.

Im still thinking that should I get this for PC or X360? I may buy it first to X360, and when I get more money, then to PC.

the destruction engine is the same as bf1943 engine or a more effective engine ?

Well i will try it on xbox360

I believe it's the Frostbite 1.5 engine, where BF1943 uses the Frostbite 1 engine. Not 100% sure though.

Yes, BF1943 used the Bad Company 1 Frostbite 1 engine, BC2 used Frostbite 2(Destruction 2.0). So basicly BC2 has way more effective engine.

Edited by Nobana