Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft - FACTION WARS

Clavus

Well it seems someone blew up our wall for the fourth time?

And took our torches. around 50 of them.

This is becoming bullshit.

EDIT: Before clavus comes in and says "Lol faction wars"

How are we supposed to be a faction if everytime we repair the damage, someone rushes in with creepers and makes it even worse by stealing all our torches causing even more creepers to spawn.

Edited by Hundred2

Seems my base was griefed too, but the damage is limited because our chests are better protected :P

I'm going to try updating the Factions plugin tonight which should stop players from using buckets and a range of special blocks inside Faction territory.

EDIT: server updated! Water / lava is now blocked / protected in faction areas :)

This means you'll only have to worry about creepers: nothing which a good trench can't fix.

I write you this message to demand an explanation and apology on behalf of the Scourge faction! One of your subordinates, Heinix, has been actively sabotaging my wall within my sight using creepers. He even tried an assassination attempt, which was poorly received because neutrals can't hurt me in my territory.

Granted I did kill him twice during his mischievous attempts, I still demand an apology and a 20 iron repayment for damages done if you do not wish this situation to escalate!

I patiently await Pufulet's response. If it's not satisfying, it could mean WAR!

Another thing:

Apparently NeoJapan lost members and thus power. This allowed GDS to expand its territory along the mountain!

Wtf this is just ridiculous

I wanted to see how your castle looked from the inside so I climbed the mountain and walked into your base. But then you killed me and took all my stuff! After that I let a creeper explode next to your wall for some revenge(when you were online).

you're just making up a reason to start a war...

Edited by Heinix

Server will die out in a week.

I agree with him and I'll say why.

1) There is barely any player versus player activity...

2) Even if you sneak up a player to killing him, he'll probably run into his fortress, from where you won't be able to get him.

3) The map gives you too much freedom. This should be a fight for resources and land, not who's the furthest away!

4) There isn't a PVP Arena for special events/fights, etc (with items as prizes..)

5) The darn mod is more like "Prop Protection" from GMod instead of Faction/Guild Wars.

PS: Another description for the current situation would be: "Barricade yourself with 100 walls and stack how many resources you can!" ... It doesn't tend to battles, unfortunately!

Edited by Deluvas

I agree with Squirrel and Deluvas:

The current Faction Wars really works no different than some prop protection mod with groups.

Real PvP is as good as impossible, and there basically isn't any interaction between the factions either - Everybody is just busy working on their cobblestone walls and forts. You can't attack settlements of other factions either, also claiming their land will not work even if your faction is significantly stronger than theirs.

In addition, one has only few reasons to attack others: Plenty of unused resources and free land are available.

If this doesn't change I expect the server to be empty soon too, when everybody is finished with their uber stone castle at least.

You yourself are at fault then. Start a war. Force a siege. Lure creepers. No player will want to wait in his fort while his enemies ravage his surroundings: they'll want to fight.

You all have a license to grief. Just stop taking all your morals so serious and make this game interesting. Be creative in both building and destruction.

I sure was when I led a creeper right into the Scourge base and stole their gold.

It's Faction WARS goddamnit, not Faction TEA PARTY.

You yourself are at fault then. Start a war. Force a siege. Lure creepers. No player will want to wait in his fort while his enemies ravage his surroundings: they'll want to fight.

You all have a license to grief. Just stop taking all your morals so serious and make this game interesting. Be creative in both building and destruction.

I sure was when I led a creeper right into the Scourge base and stole their gold.

It's Faction WARS goddamnit, not Faction TEA PARTY.

GRRRR good thing it didnt happen or i would be one pissed off pufu..

yeah but luring creepers into other peoples bases when their offline is just pussy-like.. that no real war

Edited by Pufulet

yeah but luring creepers into other peoples bases when their offline is just pussy-like.. that no real war

Oh this was very much my piece of art:post-3-130037647608_thumb.png

I never actually griefed to destroy: I went for chest contents (you labeling your chests made it even easier to go for the shiny stuff!). I just wanted to force you guys to build better protection, to rethink what you build. Your buildings aren't holy in Faction Wars. They're supposed to be functional. Looking awesome (like our water wall) is just a byproduct. Learning how to bypass your defenses also aided in strengthening the GDS fort defenses.

As I said, you're all subject to my morally questionable game experiments. I happily await everyone's reaction.

Oh this was very much my piece of art:post-3-130037647608_thumb.png

I never actually griefed to destroy: I went for chest contents (you labeling your chests made it even easier to go for the shiny stuff!). I just wanted to force you guys to build better protection, to rethink what you build. Your buildings aren't holy in Faction Wars. They're supposed to be functional. Looking awesome (like our water wall) is just a byproduct.

As I said, you're all subject to my morally questionable game experiments. I happily await everyone's reaction.

It was you all along!! you tried to get me to have war with others u sneaky son of a bitch!

Oops hope the alliance dont mind what we did to them