Mr. Green Gaming

SOPA

SOPA has been stopped (for now) by president Obama himself so we can ignore that for a while. Now PIPA is still being discussed but I don't really remember what that one is all about.

It's quite clear that if SOPA would have passed, the internet would get screwed over big time. Even though it only affects the USA it would still have a major impact here seeing how most of the popular sites are based in the USA.

I think this whole SOPA thing is a bit boring actually, I don't really care what it's all about, it's just that Wikipedia was offline so I couldn't copy/paste my schoolwork from it anymore.

You should take a 'bit' of interest to it really. If the US does pass it, it will put pressure on UK politicians to implement something similar. If that went ahead and it seemed to work the EU would also be inclined to impose similar rulings. Hence affecting your internet. At the moment though, it doesn't affect any of us.