Mr. Green Gaming

Two of my friends..

Silver Dot

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get that some of you people are dumb enough to fill in their Steam info on some website, Steam wil NEVER ask you for your login info! Even Botervloot fell for it. :meh:

Euhm V, Starting up steam= login; going into community tab=possible login; going into steam forums=login;...

Steam forums use a different password. The only thing outside the Steam client that requires your Steam password is the community. And that one is clearly verified by VeriSign. Plus you can access it from the Steam client itself. That's not all, you even get a warning message not to give out your password. If you go to a Steam verified webpage, this doesn't show up. Unless ofcourse, you disabled it, but before you disable it you need to make sure you're capable of seeing through a hoax. The URL is obvious, the website not being verified is obvious etc.

I still don't get that some of you people are dumb enough to fill in their Steam info on some website, Steam wil NEVER ask you for your login info! Even Botervloot fell for it. :meh:

Euhm V, Starting up steam= login; going into community tab=possible login; going into steam forums=login;...

Wut? I mean logging in on websites that someone sends you without saying 'hi' and adding 'OMG FUNNY OLOOLOLOLOLOL free games!1!1!!!!!!1' to it.

Loging into Steam or into the (official) SteamCommunity is something else then logging in on some so-called Steam website with a weird URL (I mean 'www.steamcommunity_com_...' how can you fall for that?)

rogue is right it. anyway steam does ask for your login info.

oke if you arent logged in steam then you go to the steam webpage and click on community THEN it needs your login info :)

i have it many times either if i am logged in steam it still asked me sometimes (only if i want to look on a friends profile or group)

rogue is right it. anyway steam does ask for your login info.

oke if you arent logged in steam then you go to the steam webpage and click on community THEN it needs your login info :)

i have it many times either if i am logged in steam it still asked me sometimes (only if i want to look on a friends profile or group)

Yes, but that's something else then someone sending you a link to a website where you have to login. I also had it that I had to login to the SC, via Steam, but that was inside the Steam program and the official community page (right click @ Steam icon > Community).

anyway maybe it is stupid to fill in the login info BUT!!! a friend sended it to me (botervloot (not the real him) )

and he is a mr-green admin so ofcourse i fill in and look at it. <_< i mean you can trust a admin of a big community.

with many friends in it you know....

No. You should always be suspicious. I can't stress it enough: Whoever it is, you MUST check the link, check if the website is verified AND check if the website offers a secure connection BEFORE submitting your info. There are no excuses.

Well we can arguing of this the whole time.

But now there is some info of this at the forums and the community groups the most of the guys now know whats going on.

even me now got some experience with this.

I tell you again it was easy to fell in those traps because it was send by a friend and just looked the same as the steam community login. So dont look/act strange that some people even me that has never seen this before login in this ****** shit.

I tell you again it was easy to fell in those traps because it was send by a friend and just looked the same as the steam community login. So dont look/act strange that some people even me that has never seen this before login in this ****** shit.

Lies.

The address gives it away you nerf herder. funny.gif

just dont talk about it we get it nowohmy.gif

OMG OMG

Edited by Firehawk