Mr. Green Gaming

Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I've seen on the reviews and videos, it's just the same old MW2 with new maps, new weapons, modified menus and perks along with other tiny modifications, running on the same engine.

Am I right? In that case, what's with all the fuzz?

Well if Notch stopped working on the current Minecraft and released a new version with NO crashes, new blocks, new enemies, fully working servers, would you buy it?

tl;dr They're not releasing the same game, they fixed it, and they're selling the "update"

As much as I've seen on the reviews and videos, it's just the same old MW2 with new maps, new weapons, modified menus and perks along with other tiny modifications, running on the same engine.

Am I right? In that case, what's with all the fuzz?

Well if Notch stopped working on the current Minecraft and released a new version with NO crashes, new blocks, new enemies, fully working servers, would you buy it?

tl;dr They're not releasing the same game, they fixed it, and they're selling the "update"

An update should not cost 60 dollars euros

Edited by Botervloot

It's funny how the same "it's the same game" bullshit comes up again just like with l4d2. I love playing LoZ or mario or medal of honor and all that stuff, I'm not whining about the things that are alike, I'm checking what is new.

I'm not gonna whine when portal 2 comes out that the only thing they added were new maps, some new tools and co-op. I'm gonna freaking enjoy it.

/rant

It's funny how the same "it's the same game" bullshit comes up again just like with l4d2. I love playing LoZ or mario or medal of honor and all that stuff, I'm not whining about the things that are alike, I'm checking what is new.

I'm not gonna whine when portal 2 comes out that the only thing they added were new maps, some new tools and co-op. I'm gonna freaking enjoy it.

/rant

+1 for good rant :)

Bought it together with a few friends. One of them ordered them for a decent price. We'll get the keys from him tomorrow (when the games are delivered to him) and the actual boxes the day after.

But, impatient as I am, I already went ahead and pirated it to check out the singleplayer. Although the storyline is kind of confusing, all in all it's a pretty good game so far. Then again, I also liked MW2's singleplayer.

/rant

+1 for good rant :)

+1 also for good rant.

The kinda people who wheel out the "it's the same game" cliches probably aren't capable of formulating their own opinions about such things.

I think its really hard to get a overall career KD that is under 1.00. Since in Halo, which is harder(with the shields and such), the average KD with everyone is 1.40-2.00, and in CoD you get kills way more easily.

E: To clear what I said. You suck if you dont have a KD that is over ~1.50 or so.

Edited by Nobana