Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft discussion

Clavus

I've came up with an idea, I see no reason as to why it shouldn't be implemented with a few tweaks either. Written out a thread for it too, but I'm running it over with Awesomeo first. Expect it up by tonight.

Sounds good Minky, I always like hearing your input.

Who doesn't! dont answer that

Theads up

Edited by Dr.Minky

i'd make a great admin!

Don't you have the real world to admin?

I'm a little sad this went unnoticed, so there it is quoted again.

As mentioned, whilst somewhat entertaining to read words don't get anyone anywhere since the 80s. Now it's all about cold hard evidence and all that jazz.

The one experience I have of LRG is attacking them one or two maps ago. I was instantly bombarded with hacking accusations because they were oblivious to the existence of ender pearls. They're a bit more tactical than your average faction and if they had the same members now as then, they're decent in combat.

Equally, Mathijs et al. are experienced MC-ers and responsible players.

What I see happening here is two of the better factions on the server going head to head, and finding it odd they're finding it a challenge; I experienced exactly the same thing when we we're active. When you fight someone that is instantly 10x better than the casual, younger players you're suspicious. The issue lies in the disparity of 'skill' of the server (where skill is equal to knowledge, experience or connection speed interchangeably). People are either ultra-noobs and get insta-pwned. Or they're good players and give a challenge. I've only ever had a handful of battles (all several maps ago as well) where I've thought 'God these guys are so damn average' it's always more 'EAT MY BLADE NUBE' or 'OMG I'M GETTING PWNED HALP GAIS'.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

You see. I get that a lot, which makes it more satisfying when I say: I'm not an admin.

Everytime someone says 'OMG ADMIN ABUSE IM GOING TO REPORT YOU' I encourage it, and hope someone is indeed stupid enough to post about me killing them with super admin god mode and then gets pimp slapped by society.

It's a phenomenon with the human ego that isn't restricted to Minecraft - if someone's better at you at something, but you believe they aren't, you think they're cheating.

Sadly when the line between 'better' and 'worse' is a mere half-block wide, accusations are thrown around more frequently.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

Haha the compliments and insults do balance themselves impeccably. I tend to act like a retarded 12 year old on MC to avoid people constantly pestering me. Little do they know I am in fact 20.

I don't even know what my forum posts are. They're usually an indication of what state my life's in, the more in depth and coherent the post, the busier I'm supposed to be with academia.

To avoid bumping with off-topic-ness:

I wouldn't personally want to be a janitor, but thanks for your vote of confidence :)

Edited by awesomeo_5000

Jeb has mentioned changing the max enchantment level from 50 to 30 to reduce the gap in pvp and reduce the amount of XP needed for better items.

They're also working on trip wires using string (hard to see) that activates a redstone signal when broken. When that gets put in prepare for some mad ruins :)

Summary of upcoming features and MC news:

• 2 weeks later...

Haha that's the first thing I thought. If you can dupe with ender pearls, you can dupe with ender chests. What am I even talking about this is Minecraft you can dupe with live sheep. (No baa-mo)

But there will be one enderchest inventry for the whole server, so any duping will be obvious and probably pointless as it could be possible for someone else to steal the items.

Haha that's the first thing I thought. If you can dupe with ender pearls, you can dupe with ender chests. What am I even talking about this is Minecraft you can dupe with live sheep. (No baa-mo)

But there will be one enderchest inventry for the whole server, so any duping will be obvious and probably pointless as it could be possible for someone else to steal the items.

Ohh I didn't know it was handled that way in SMP. It's probably for the best because it would detract from the awesomeness of the /chest.

• 1 month later...

Just brought the 1.3.1 server online. Small note: haven't placed the brewing stand and enchantment table in the world yet. I'll do that some time today.

I'm glad you took those ideas on board. Way more preferable. Any other suggestions you've taken on board? Possibly the removal of the end?