Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft discussion

Clavus

Just brought the 1.3.1 server online. Small note: haven't placed the brewing stand and enchantment table in the world yet. I'll do that some time today.

I'm glad you took those ideas on board. Way more preferable. Any other suggestions you've taken on board? Possibly the removal of the end?

Actually I made a publicly accessible location for it. You can find it on the live map.

• 2 months later...

The video explains everything. People hacked the server again or something.

Dear Ooga,

The only way this could've happened is that

-you got hacked and they demolished everything you had

-our beloved admins did it They wouldn't even dare to do that to you (;

-you didn't owner everything and your friend just raped your base

This can't be done by other people UNLESS they hacked the server and made theirselves OP so they could join your faction and mod theirselves.

I don't know what happened but I'm sure this doesn't involve hackers.

Dear Ooga,

This can't be done by other people UNLESS they hacked the server and made theirselves OP so they could join your faction and mod theirselves.

Mathijs I had all the stuff I had when i logged of. Davidx7 is my brother and he didnt have the stuff either. And my chest room was ownered, I showed you that in the vid.

Dear Ooga,

Mathijs I had all the stuff I had when i logged of. Davidx7 is my brother and he didnt have the stuff either. And my chest room was ownered, I showed you that in the vid.

Still a hacker can't have done this.

You can't 'hack' the faction wars plugin

If it were an exploit similar to the last, I'm sure the griefing wouldn't be isolated to stealing one dude's stuff. And despite popular belief, none of the admins would take the time to come rob you.

Most of the time, it's someone in the faction. You sure you didn't demod the guy, have another player or get your account breached?

Well, after a couple of disagreements over bans we've tried changing the way bans work. When a video is posted it's added to a spreadsheet, each of us give a vote and if all vote ban, the player is axed. Now, this means we're certain that all admins are in agreement, and that there should be a better consistency in terms of bans, but it also means that decisions get made a lot slower.

When we ban for hacking, that ban remains for life. I don't think it's fair to expect a decision like that to be made in a hurry because one of us hastily makes a decision just to appease the accuser's sense of time value. If someone posted a video of you that looked on quick glance to be hacking, would you prefer it if i just banned you to speed things up?

@xDerpina, all of your videos bar the last one have been decided upon. I'd like you to open up each and every one of those videos and decide for yourself why you think the last one might be taking some more time.

We won't tell you every detail of a videos decision process. We might not even tell you if we've banned the player in question. But if you post your video in a concise, short, and clear manner on the hacker reporting topic, you can be assured that it'll get viewed.

If you guys want a streamlined, efficient ban process, you need to sort your own habits out. DON'T. POST. ANYTHING. BUT. REPORTS. IN. THE. REPORTING. TOPIC. I don't wanna bash you over the head with semantics but it's in the damn title. You should all thank the stars that I don't have forum permissions otherwise your warn statuses would all be considerably more erect than they are now. DON'T. POST. VIDEOS. LONGER. THAN. SIXTY. SECONDS. Name a hack that requires more than 15 seconds to provide prove? Exactly. Now I'm cool with a little surrounding footage, it actually helps to assess the degree of lag and other suspicious activity. But really some of you guys post some theatrical length epics and it's just too much to analyse. DON'T. POST. UNLESS. YOU'RE. SURE. Pretty much 95% of reports don't end in bans, and about 85% of posts aren't even worth the time it took to look at. Far too often you see people recording a pvp where they get old school pwned in and then attach every hack name under the sun hoping to strike gold.

It's also worth mentioning that the vast majority of forcefield reports are just lag, the two can look very similar. Things like people hitting you whilst looking away seem to be the ugly child of the monster that is lag rather than hellbent hackers. If we manage to get the latency issue fixed hopefully this will reduce the amount of reports, and thus the amount of people getting upset at how long bans take.

• 3 months later...

Can we get a faction cap on the amount of members a faction is allowed? It has always been a problem that was never really fixed.

People just use hacked accounts or alts/friends to have unrealistic power levels. There are several factions with over 150 spare power, which you can never get into because their players are never online at the same time. 

Can we get a faction cap on the amount of members a faction is allowed? It has always been a problem that was never really fixed.

People just use hacked accounts or alts/friends to have unrealistic power levels. There are several factions with over 150 spare power, which you can never get into because their players are never online at the same time. 

Cap 100 would even be better, I remember 1.6 where Scourge had 300 max power and we claimed half the dessert for no reason.

It's a pain in the but to see factions with 200 max power, half of the members are most likely alts.