Mr. Green Gaming

Religion

The Lazy Peon

Hey everyone,

There has always been debate about the existance of a higher power. Are we here for a reason? or is this all just a massive mistake?

I'm aware of there already being a thread similar to this- but i reckon we should re-start the debate.

I think just to lay down a few thread rules: Please, no racism. Someone's view is their own. This is mearly a place to discuss and compare.

If you are an Atheist, like myself, why not compare ideas about "What the fuck this is all about?"

In my opinion, There is a god. Obviously there is. However, i think there is no way that he will look human or be human.

Discuss.

I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND.

I believe That religious people are people who are weak minded, and not able to lead. They can't make their own decisions, and they rest knowing someone else makes them for them.

I also think that they are scared about what's going to happen, and are happy thinking if they do good, they will get good in return ( I have no problem with this )

Bible = taken too seriously and people need to calm down. It's a book for Christ sake. ( haha.. Christ )

I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND.

I believe That religious people are people who are weak minded, and not able to lead. They can't make their own decisions, and they rest knowing someone else makes them for them.

I also think that they are scared about what's going to happen, and are happy thinking if they do good, they will get good in return ( I have no problem with this )

Bible = taken too seriously and people need to calm down. It's a book for Christ sake. ( haha.. Christ )

1+

I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND.

Stop lockering people.

It's okay for people to believe in something, but not to get dependent. I would believe, if it would just make sense. But there is just no proof for anything. I didn't read the Bible so I'm just saying things here. I just understand there are perfect moral-stories in it. Meaning it's not based on reality. In the past I would understand to believe in this, but with modern knowledge, it doesn't make sense that God just made the world out of nowhere or something.

Religion has the potential to make society better and, in many cases, it does. However, as humanity has witnessed over the past few thousands years, religion can also cause conflicts. This is a shame as I believe religion is good for society even though I am not religious myself.

My personal belief can be summed up as nihilism, the world and its inhabitants are of no importance in the grand scheme of things. This insignificance leads me to hold a feeling of indifference towards the universe and its inhabitants. i.e I don't care how the universe got here because I won't be conscious within it for much longer.

Religion, however you define it, I could not care for at all, I agree when you say it's for the weak minded people who struggle at finding a point to life.

Religion in my eyes causes no end of problems.

Pope says 'don't use condoms they are not gods will' then crys about why God has given these people their illness'.

Its saddening to the point it's annoying.

well uh, religion is rather important

prime example is the batshit crazy countries having bullshit all over them everyday. people there have something they can lean against, example is christianity

if they didn't have the beleif that there is a greater good, then they'd probably go mass suicide thanks to all the crap going on

well uh, religion is rather unimportant

prime example is the batshit crazy countries having bullshit all over them everyday due to religious fighting. people there have nothing they can lean against, example is the middle east

because they beleif that there is a greater good, they go mass suicide bombing thanks to all the religious fighting

Edited by Corby

prime example is the batshit crazy countries having bullshit all over them everyday due to religious fighting. people there have notthing they can lean against, example is the middle east

because they beleif that there is a greater good, they go mass suicide bombing thanks to all the religious fighting

nice edit, yo

seriously, not everyone down there have access to weapons, just the batshit "AAH MOTHERLAND" fuckers

prime example is the batshit crazy countries having bullshit all over them everyday due to religious fighting. people there have notthing they can lean against, example is the middle east

post-312-128466512726_thumb.png

Post in this topic:

30 people have taken part in it, you will never be able to start a debate like that one I made last year.

people have witten their true belivies and great arguments there.

Someone, go bump it :)

Please read the firts post by me, before posting!

Edited by Danni

Discussing about religion is useless anyway. It will start and end in Believers Versus Non-Believers. It's like talking about liking Swedish Chocolate Balls or not. One person likes it, the other person doesn't. They can discuss about it, but their opinions won't change (unless the second person actually tries some Swedish Chocolate Balls, and finds out it is the best food in the world, I would even say, it must come straight out of Heaven, it is Godly, it is Holy and... well, you know).

@ Danni, i posted that there was a thread like this, because i posted in it a lot. Just wanted to start another one.

So far, i think Crowbar has the best idea. Religion has a great potential to like bind us together. Often, however, i see it going too far.

To me, it can never really justify a war. it's an excuse people often use.

Is there ever an excuse to kill people?

Discussing about religion is slightly taboo for a wdbsite like here no?

It will turn into a flame war.

Also, I'm not religious but I think there is something after death, a paradise, or maybe you reborn into another dude, who lives in a poor african coubtry, or a rich american etc, or even an extraterrestrial.

Or animals.

I wonder if there are optic fibers in paradise.