Mr. Green Gaming

Religion

The Lazy Peon

There's no offence ment here VMR. It's not a rage/flame topic: just a discussion! :)

And you guys are all making excellent points!

I didn't mean you guys, I ment religious people shouldn't make a fuzz out of things!

don't over-react when some comedy series shows an image of Muhammad, don't stone people to death for something silly. Don't involve anyone other than yourself in your own belief. Religion is only a way to help you through life, not how you should lead other's lives.

I dont think anyone is capable of making this much matter. No one knows how big the universe is, so it's bigger then we all can imagine. And yet, we're not alone. I think earth like things thousands of lightyears away (or maybe the next planet) has life to, so who created those?

This shit we are living in is just an aftermath of some chemical reaction :yeah:

Internet is doing a great job at creating atheists. You get confronted with lots of different views and opinions at a young age, which I think gives you more wisdom than a lot of old folk that never left their farm. Still you have to respect those old folk for the reality they choose to live in, which of course works two ways. They have to respect your choice not to believe in a god either.

I don't have a lot to say about nihilism either. Why? Because "insignificant" is a word that doesn't exist in the universe. Nihilists label themselves 'insignificant' because there's a lot out there, but does it really matter that there is such a huge universe? We simply exist and there's nothing more to add, or subtract from that.

I didn't mean you guys, I ment religious people shouldn't make a fuzz out of things!

don't over-react when some comedy series shows an image of Muhammad, don't stone people to death for something silly. Don't involve anyone other than yourself in your own belief. Religion is only a way to help you through life, not how you should lead other's lives.

Couple of terrorists =/= every religious person on earth

Seriously, whats with blaming religion over everything? Religion doesn't make you more easily offended or more angry, it's about the person itself. Say something bad about big bang/something else atheist related to an atheist and you're pretty much guaranteed to start a shitstorm. Same goes for religious people.

Couple of terrorists =/= every religious person on earth

Seriously, whats with blaming religion over everything? Religion doesn't make you more easily offended or more angry, it's about the person itself. Say something bad about big bang/something else atheist related to an atheist and you're pretty much guaranteed to start a shitstorm. Same goes for religious people.

Agreed. Its like blaming all of Earth's Islamese people of 9/11. They didnt have anything to do with it but still in every bombing, No.1 suspect is arabic if possible.

I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND.

I believe That religious people are people who are weak minded, and not able to lead. They can't make their own decisions, and they rest knowing someone else makes them for them.

I also think that they are scared about what's going to happen, and are happy thinking if they do good, they will get good in return ( I have no problem with this )

Bible = taken too seriously and people need to calm down. It's a book for Christ sake. ( haha.. Christ )

agreed, im not religious but I do belive that when we die we are a different human and we wont remember anything. churches fight for money and power all the time

Edited by Pufulet

I don't have a lot to say about nihilism either. Why? Because "insignificant" is a word that doesn't exist in the universe. Nihilists label themselves 'insignificant' because there's a lot out there, but does it really matter that there is such a huge universe? We simply exist and there's nothing more to add, or subtract from that.

Insignificant is a word given to describe that particular feeling. The word itself is irrelevant, it is merely a label for that particular feeling a sentient being can experience. This feeling could be felt by any sentient being in the universe, the label given to it by humans who speak the English language is not related to the feeling itself.

In logical argument form, my belief works like this:

Premise 1. We exist.

Premise 2. The universe exists.

Premise 3. Interactions and forces transferred throughout the universe do so by means of energy released through the movement of atomic and subatomic particles.

Premise 4. Our planet and our bodies are also controlled by the movement of these particles but they move in such a way that creates consciousness.

Premise 5. Something that is 'insignificant' is a thing that is very small and of little importance in relation to another thing.

Premise 6. The number of particles and interactions that make up our bodies are impossibly small in relation to the universe.

Premise 7. The energy and 'effort' (both mental and physical) that we release during our lifetimes is also impossibly small in relation to the universe.

Premise 8. As the universe is so massive, maybe infinite, it is likely other beings as intelligent as ourselves exist.

Conclusion: We are impossibly small and release a miniscule amount of energy in relation to the rest of the universe. We are also not the only sentient and thinking beings in the universe so in that respect we are not unique. For both these reasons, we are insignificant.

Sorry, I didn't read the thread, but I did read:

If you are an Atheist, like myself, why not compare ideas about "What the fuck this is all about?"

In my opinion, There is a god. Obviously there is. However, i think there is no way that he will look human or be human.

You are saying you are an atheist, but that you also believe there is a God or a "higher power". You can't be atheist and still believe, the defintion of atheist is:

a·the·ism   

[ey-thee-iz-uhm]

–noun

1.the doctrine or belief that there is no god.

2.disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Personally, I'm an atheist. I just don't believe in a God or a higher power. Nontheless, I do respect other people's religion, as long as they don't flail it around in public and rub it in other peoples faces. I don't do that with atheism either.

I am signed as a christian, but myself, I don't belive in god as in a smart mystic "brain". I belive in god as in The Universe. I also have suggestions like The God - is ourselves. We make our own life. The ones who make their future by reading teh book - are dumbs. They are always unsure and try to find all the answers in the same bibble. Shame that one of those people - is my granny...

Holyshit, mobile fails xD

By the way back to science. What i wanted to say about the Universe is that in 1970s years was created a theory about the Universe size. An American scientist made a thought about that the Universe is infinite. He said that its a sphere whibh has a center magnet. That explains why planets and stars, and atoms etc are spherish.

There was also an another russian scientist whibh made a though that the Universe grows in seconds, and even less than that.

When those two theories were summaried, it became into a 1 simple theory. The Universe grows, and with it, its sphere-ish and becomes even bigger with each second.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Sorry, I didn't read the thread, but I did read:

If you are an Atheist, like myself, why not compare ideas about "What the fuck this is all about?"

In my opinion, There is a god. Obviously there is. However, i think there is no way that he will look human or be human.

You are saying you are an atheist, but that you also believe there is a God or a "higher power". You can't be atheist and still believe, the defintion of atheist is:

a·the·ism   

[ey-thee-iz-uhm]

–noun

1.the doctrine or belief that there is no god.

2.disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Personally, I'm an atheist. I just don't believe in a God or a higher power. Nontheless, I do respect other people's religion, as long as they don't flail it around in public and rub it in other peoples faces. I don't do that with atheism either.

I approve this entire post.

*puts on hat*

*walks out of thread*

Insignificant is a word given to describe that particular feeling. The word itself is irrelevant, it is merely a label for that particular feeling a sentient being can experience. This feeling could be felt by any sentient being in the universe, the label given to it by humans who speak the English language is not related to the feeling itself.

Premise 1. We exist.

Premise 3. Interactions and forces transferred throughout the universe do so by means of energy released through the movement of atomic and subatomic particles.

Premise 4. Our planet and our bodies are also controlled by the movement of these particles but they move in such a way that creates consciousness.

Premise 5. Something that is 'insignificant' is a thing that is very small and of little importance in relation to another thing.

Premise 6. The number of particles and interactions that make up our bodies are impossibly small in relation to the universe.

Premise 7. The energy and 'effort' (both mental and physical) that we release during our lifetimes is also impossibly small in relation to the universe.

Premise 8. As the universe is so massive, maybe infinite, it is likely other beings as intelligent as ourselves exist.

Conclusion: We are impossibly small and release a miniscule amount of energy in relation to the rest of the universe. We are also not the only sentient and thinking beings in the universe so in that respect we are not unique. For both these reasons, we are insignificant.

Actually I meant "insignificant" as a term (not only as a word) doesn't exist in the universe. The feeling we have is because there is a massive amount of information out there which we haven't collected or reached yet!

For example, if you would relate our significance to our own solar system, it must be a lot more than the whole universe right? But why would it be? The distance to the edge of our solar system is huge, no person would travel that distance. Yet we find it smaller because we know so much about our solar system. Now imagine in the future, if the human race can travel between many systems, even though there is such a massive amount of information, every system will feel like it's next door. Even now the internet contains more information than one man can absorb in his life, but because we can reach it, it doesn't feel 'too big' for us.

Insignificance is nothing but an emotion. If the human race expands, everything comes closer.

Seems Alot of people agree with me

And @ EmRA, What's with "lockering people" ? :S

As in putting groups of people in lockers. Get it? Saying one group is afraid and cant decide by themselves just because they share a different opinion.

There was also an another russian scientist whibh made a though that the Universe grows in seconds, and even less than that.

When those two theories were summaried, it became into a 1 simple theory. The Universe grows, and with it, its sphere-ish and becomes even bigger with each second.

What if you're talking about god right there?

Seems Alot of people agree with me

And @ EmRA, What's with "lockering people" ? :S

As in putting groups of people in lockers. Get it? Saying one group is afraid and cant decide by themselves just because they share a different opinion.

I said that's my opinion on them. I have no problem them believing in a god, I just think it's for the weak minded.

I though this wasn't suppose to become a flamewar? So can we NOW start talking in the old thread? Two flamewar topics about same thing is useless.

THANK YOU!

Dear Nobana,

Stop being a tard and use the original thread, which I've now closed as reference for discussion in this thread.

Yours Sincerely,

ERROR 401

EDIT: Youre the one who's being useless by bumping an old topic, people are perfectly fine to put what they think twice, and if theyre feeling lazy about it, they can simply post their original content, and besides the original one was about Religion AND Paranormal Activity. Whereas this one is just about Religion.

You know. These topics always boil down to this

• Atheists are murderers, they support abortion, and don't give money to charity
  • Religious people are murderers, they suicide bomb and kill for their religion.

Just this for 10 pages long. until it ends in a massive flamewar.

But what i say is: Believe what you want, but dont force someone to believe the same thing as you do.

Edited by Hundred2

You know. These topics always boil down to this

• Atheists are murderers, they support abortion, and don't give money to charity
  • Religious people are murderers, they suicide bomb and kill for their religion.

Just this for 10 pages long. Until it ends in a massive flamewar.

But what i say is: Believe what you want, but dont force someone to believe the same thing as you do.

Dear Nobana,

Stop being a tard and use the original thread, which I've now closed as reference for discussion in this thread.

Yours Sincerely,

ERROR 401

EDIT: Youre the one who's being useless by bumping an old topic, people are perfectly fine to put what they think twice, and if theyre feeling lazy about it, they can simply post their original content, and besides the original one was about Religion AND Paranormal Activity. Whereas this one is just about Religion.

K boss.

I just dont get why must there be another thread about same stuff, just because the other thread is old? Is it illegal to bump old topics, so you must create a new one? And when you say that this thread is a nice little conversation with no flaming, why couldn't it be in the old thread.

Excuse me for not realizing your point.

Premise 1. We exist.

Actually I meant "insignificant" as a term (not only as a word) doesn't exist in the universe. The feeling we have is because there is a massive amount of information out there which we haven't collected or reached yet!

For example, if you would relate our significance to our own solar system, it must be a lot more than the whole universe right? But why would it be? The distance to the edge of our solar system is huge, no person would travel that distance. Yet we find it smaller because we know so much about our solar system. Now imagine in the future, if the human race can travel between many systems, even though there is such a massive amount of information, every system will feel like it's next door. Even now the internet contains more information than one man can absorb in his life, but because we can reach it, it doesn't feel 'too big' for us.

Insignificance is nothing but an emotion. If the human race expands, everything comes closer.

If everyone here was arguing in a formal, polite manner such as this, the thread would be fine.

I accept your point but the universe really is much bigger than you or I could possibly comprehend. Humanity will never be able to cross the galaxy, let alone leave it. Consider this first, then remember that even the galaxy is impossibly small compared to the universe. The only reason we cannot recognise how tiny we are in the grand scheme of things is because we cannot comprehend the great gulfs of space that surround us.

To reach the same level of knowledge we have about the solar system when it comes to the universe, we would have to study every star and every galaxy. We're talking more stars than there are bytes of data on the internet. Humanity will never, don't kid yourslef on this one, humanity WILL NEVER have the technology to comprehend our universe. Surely a significant entity in the universe would be able to understand the space it occupies?