Mr. Green Gaming

Religion

The Lazy Peon

The man created "God" because they wanted someone to belie in. They wanted to have answers on anything.

Bah, dont yell at EmRA. He is a nice guy, who has his own thoughts. He just wants to belive in someone, like all other in past.

And why is EmRA the guy whos wrong in here?

Its all you atheists who want to have answers on everything, doesnt it go like "Sciense is always right and nothing that has been believed for thousands of years is real"?

I think all you atheists want to believe something, and you dont accept anything supernatural because you think its impossible. And whats that "like all others in the past" is suppose to mean? Are you saying that everyone who believes in God these days is either stupid or wrong?

I understood your comment quite offensive against everyone of us who believes in something.

Edited by Nobana

The man created "God" because they wanted someone to belie in. They wanted to have answers on anything.

Bah, dont yell at EmRA. He is a nice guy, who has his own thoughts. He just wants to belive in someone, like all other in past.

And why is EmRA the guy whos wrong in here?

Its all you atheists who want to have answers on everything, doesnt it go like "Sciense is always right and nothing that has been believed for thousands of years is real"?

I think all you atheists want to believe something, and you dont accept anything supernatural because you think its impossible. And whats that "like all others in the past" is suppose to mean? Are you saying that everyone who believes in God these days is either stupid or wrong?

I understood your comment quite offensive against everyone of us who believes in something.

Most of us atheists simply belive in logics, and physics. Nothing else. God couldn't have existed, it's physically impossible.

At least that what I belive.

*Read above*

*Read above*

Most of us atheists simply belive in logics, and physics. Nothing else. God couldn't have existed, it's physically impossible.

Uhm. It's physically impossible? I dont recall sciense every trying to proof that God's existance is physically impossible? There's nothing impossible in it.

*Read above*

*Read above*

Uhm. It's physically impossible? I dont recall sciense every trying to proof that God's existance is physically impossible? There's nothing impossible in it.

You're joking, right?

I honestly don't need answers on everything. I do believe that basically everything CAN be answered with science, but I'm not saying everything HAS been proven with science, and some things might never be answered.

For me it's simple: I don't believe in an all-knowing, all-powerful being which created life. I'm also not 100% sure about the big bang theory, but it's the most believable theory out there. Why? Because there's proof. Scientific proof.

Some people simply feel the need to know the answer to the big question, and for most of them the definite answer is God. Personally, I don't need to know the answer, because chances are we won't figure it out. Ever.

Anyway, like I said before, I don't care/am not bothered by other people's religion as long as they keep it to themselves. Some people just want to believe there's something up in the sky, watching over them. That's fine with me.

All in all: If you jump from a tall building, no matter what religion you are, you're gonna end up splattered on the pavement no matter what. There's not someone in the sky who's going to save you. The only people that can save you are the paramedics.

Ofcourse, if a religious nut jumped off a building and barely survived it, but got patched up by a medical science, he would pass it off as an "act of God". That's how it works, unfortunately.

Why would I be?

E: To quote Mayco's response, I also dont believe "all-knowing, all-powerful being which created life" and I also believe different not-God-related-theories about the Universe and all.

But I like to believe that there is something higher us, beyong our understanding. It doesnt have to controll anything or stuff, but something superior.

Edited by Nobana

Why would I be?

E: To quote Mayco's response, I also dont believe "all-knowing, all-powerful being which created life" and I also believe different not-God-related-theories about the Universe and all.

But I like to believe that there is something higher us, beyong our understanding. It doesnt have to controll anything or stuff, but something superior.

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but how can it be superior if he doesn't have controll?

also; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

Why would I be?

So basically you think there's another life form that's superior to us, but not related to us? That's not really related to God/religion, is it?

Why would I be?

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but how can it be superior if he doesn't have controll?

also; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

Urgh. If something is superior, does it mean that it will automatically have control of everything?

Also, I dont really have the motivation to read 1000 lines of text from Wikipedia about God, since there is nothing interesting.

So basically you think there's another life form that's superior to us, but not related to us? That's not really related to God/religion, is it?

No, I dont believe its another life form, I just believe theres some sort of God, a non-material(like a spirit) maybe. If a God exists, does it mean that it will automatically have to save people from falling off buildings?

Edited by Nobana

No, I dont believe its another life form, I just believe theres some sort of God, a non-material(like a spirit) maybe. If a God exists, does it mean that it will automatically have to save people from falling off buildings?

How can something non-material effect us?

How could something exists if it exists of nothing? No atoms? No electrons? He has no brain, no way to interact with other beings...

Also, I dont really have the motivation to read 1000 lines of text from Wikipedia about God, since there is nothing interesting.

I was referring to the first lines, about god being all-knowing, unlimited power and present everywhere. Though that's just common belief

Edited by VMR

I also dont believe "all-knowing, all-powerful being which created life" and I also believe different not-God-related-theories about the Universe and all.

If it hasn't created us, and it has no control, how is it a God?

About the building part:

If God is all-powerful, but not willing to save the person falling from the building? He's a lousy God I wouldn't put my trust in, let alone pray to/believe in.

Is he willing, but does he not have the power? Then he's not all-powerful and not really a God.

If he's both willing and able, why does the person still splatter on the pavement?

EDIT:

With "lousy" God, I mean he's unloving and not interested in you/your life, because he doesn't give two shits about you dying a horrible death. Why would you believe in someone like that and spend time on him?

I never said I believed a God that made us all. I just said I like to believe in some sort of God. I didnt say that God is all-powerfull, maybe he is just the doorman of Heaven.

How can something non-material effect us?

How could something exists if it exists of nothing? No atoms? No electrons? He has no brain, no way to interact with other beings...

Gee, isn't sciense suppose to explain that? See, you require a scientifical explanation to everything. I dont care about som atoms and electrons when talking about God.

Edited by Nobana

I never said I believed a God that made us all. I just said I like to believe in some sort of God. I didnt say that God is all-powerfull, maybe he is just the doorman of Heaven.

I think you should look up the defintion of God.

Question, are you religious to a certain degree? Seeing how you believe in heaven?

Well big bang seemed to pop out of nowhere (and if it didn't, where did that magical fairy powder causing it come from?)

What if God did it? Or what if God sees planets/solar systems/something even bigger as his real creation, and doesn't really care for small guys like us (or got bored of us since we haven't created anything he finds amusing yet?)

Or what if dinosaurs were his original creation, but then he slipped into a black hole, and dinosaurs weren't under his watchful eye anymore?

What if we are actually inside brain cell of a dog, who is inside brain cell of a hamster, who is...

Man, thinking is fun.

I think you should look up the defintion of God.

Question, are you religious to a certain degree? Seeing how you believe in heaven?

If someone belives in some sort of God, must his theory be like everyone elses? Well, I dont know the degrees, but between 1-10, Im a 3 or a 4. Even science cant explain that what happens after death. And your friend science has proven that a human soul has its own weight, so when a person dies, his body gets lighter when the soul "dies/leaves".

When thinking of that, yes, I believe something happens after death, as said before, maybe Heaven, maybe even rebirth.

Edit:

Well big bang seemed to pop out of nowhere (and if it didn't, where did that magical fairy powder causing it come from?)

What if God did it? Or what if God sees planets/solar systems/something even bigger as his real creation, and doesn't really care for small guys like us (or got bored of us since we haven't created anything he finds amusing yet?)

Or what if dinosaurs were his original creation, but then he slipped into a black hole, and dinosaurs weren't under his watchful eye anymore?

What if we are actually inside brain cell of a dog, who is inside brain cell of a hamster, who is...

Man, thinking is fun.

Exactly.

Edited by Nobana

One of the things science hasn't explained yet. Although there are a LOT of researches trying to find out how it all happened. They don't settle with "well it simply just suddenly happened lol", unlike most religious folks.

According to Christianity, God created everything on Earth. According to The Book of Genesis, the universe was more like, "scenery", although God really put a lot of effort in creating Humans and everything to suit them.

If he get sucked in by a black hole (HE CREATED), how can he be all-powerful. Also, you're leaving off at the dinosaurs, ultimately leading to humans being able to live on the surface. With that you're saying that evolution is true. What's up with that?

Oookaaaay... Where does God get into the picture here?

Man, thinking is fun.

I can see that.

And your friend science has proven that a human soul has its own weight, so when a person dies, his body gets lighter when the soul "dies/leaves".

Biggest bullshit I have ever heard. Got a source on that?

According to Christianity, God created everything on Earth. According to The Book of Genesis, the universe was more like, "scenery", although God really put a lot of effort in creating Humans and everything to suit them.

Why must Christianity be right? Why must The Book of Genesis be right? Why cant they both be wrong?

If he get sucked in by a black hole (HE CREATED), how can he be all-powerful. Also, you're leaving off at the dinosaurs, ultimately leading to humans being able to live on the surface. With that you're saying that evolution is true. What's up with that?

Whats wrong with Evolution and God all together? Why is it impossible for you to think that both are right?

Lets leave the Big Bang and all out of this.

The main reason why I don't believe in god is that it hasn't been proven to exist. And with todays society everything (except with God apparently) must be proven to exist until people think it's real. I just don't see why God should be treated differently than other subjects.