Mr. Green Gaming

Day Z

Clavus

So, I went North with two guys I know. We got to the airfield and I died first, by a zomb. Tip: Get lots of bandages, heatpacks and bloodpacks when going up to the pro airfield. The second guy eventually died, too.

I respawned in Cherno and bam

post-489-0-49576300-1338624026_thumb.jpg

it's a shame I can't put it on.

Okey so I bought Arma 2 : CO and installed DayZ (1.6 because my friends play it atm, but I bet we will change to 1.7 soon). My first lives in this game:

1. Spawned near Kamyshovo, and died couple minutes later when I tried to sneak past the town, but zombies noticed me. I killed the one chasing me, but of course whole town was after me and I died. Derp

2. Managed to stay alive, travelled in forest and met up with my friends 20mins later. We did rather well, untill we wen't to some sort of old power plant. We found some food and things there, but then suddenly I glitched through the wall and fell enough to break my bones and make me unconsious. Ugh.

3. We managed to stay alive longer, but after we got to Elektro city thing, my FPS dropped to 10 and didn't manage to shot anything. We survived rather long, but eventually gave up.

Game idea is fascinating and it's fun when it works, but FPS drops and this stuff... Well good it's just Alpha :V

Arma 2 seems to be a bit heavy on the AI because when I'm running around in the forest alone it's fine but when I reach a town with zombies in it my FPS drops a bit. It's not unplayable but it's just very annoying trying to hit zombies when you're running the game at around 20 - 25 fps. But i blame my CPU and not the game on that. :/

Game idea is fascinating and it's fun when it works, but FPS drops and this stuff... Well good it's just Alpha :V

Arma 2 seems to be a bit heavy on the AI because when I'm running around in the forest alone it's fine but when I reach a town with zombies in it my FPS drops a bit.

What cpu's you guys got ?

If it's the alpha causing the fps drop I think I wont buy it untill it's fixed.

I rage quit from fps drops and lagg spikes that's why I had to buy a new pc (I smashed it into tiny bits)

Arma 2 seems to be a bit heavy on the AI because when I'm running around in the forest alone it's fine but when I reach a town with zombies in it my FPS drops a bit.

What cpu's you guys got ?

If it's the alpha causing the fps drop I think I wont buy it untill it's fixed.

I rage quit from fps drops and lagg spikes that's why I had to buy a new pc (I smashed it into tiny bits)

Intel i7 930 @2.8GHz here, + lots of other people are having the same problem and say it's because of the mod. 1.7 SHOULD fix some of these FPS drops, but I haven't been able to join a game after I downloaded 1.7... It gets stuck at "Loading" or "Receiving Data"

Edited by MiF

Again: do NOT put on any type of suit.

My friend got an ALICE pack, an entrenchmant tool and a lot of other cool shit including camo clothing. He put them on, spawned in the ocean for a second and was then teleported back to his original location. Later, when he connected to the server I was in, he spawned in the ocean. He said he's not gonna play until a patch comes out.

Running ARMA2 fantastic EVERYWHERE including cities and high dangerous PVP zones with:

AMD phenom II x2 555

Nvidia 9800GT

and 4GB Ram

Either, you guys need to do some tweaking, upgrade to the 1.7 patch, abort go back to server lobby and let the things reload again or you need to choose different servers

That is the fix for it.

Also maybe it's different for Ghillie Suits or some characters are just bugged out :P

Asfor the ocean bug.

Edited by Reap3r

Can't play Arma 2 this weekend. My laptop burns itself to a crisp if I start a game fullscreen. Already ordered better thermal paste but I won't receive that until Tuesday probably.

Edit:

Also I direct messaged one of the DayZ devs that resides on tweakers.net (Dutch tech forum). He offered to fix my character :)

1 question, sorry if this one is alreddy asked but do i need arma II operation arrowhead or the arma II combined operation pack

Arma Combined ops is Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead.

You can also get Arma 2 free to play + Arrowhead but I'm not sure if that works as well as just owning Combined Ops.

1 question, sorry if this one is alreddy asked but do i need arma II operation arrowhead or the arma II combined operation pack

Arma Combined ops is Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead.

You can also get Arma 2 free to play + Arrowhead but I'm not sure if that works as well as just owning Combined Ops.

You mean i need to buy the one by one?