Mr. Green Gaming

Day Z

Clavus

Does DayZ support the steam version of the game?

Judging from the +5 people playing it in my friends list, I'd say yes.

Yep, when you buy it from steam its effectively the same as just having the normal game and adding it as a non-steam game: all the files are the same, just whacked into the steam folder

Okay good.

Do I just need arma II or do also I need Operation Arrow head?

Arrowhead and free arma II are the only things needed, but apparently you have worse textures if you use the free one.

Which is actually better in a way, since my comp is pretty good and can't really handle ARMA on low.

I actually heard some shit where you need the purchased version of ARMA 2, and that it won't work on the free vers. Fuck if I know.

It is more like ARMA 2:Free wasn't supposed to be included, but somehow it works.

Also if your gonna use Arma2:Free you better purchase from Sprocket.

Edit: Theres a chance that ARMA 2:Free is not gonna work with DayZ later versions.

Edited by Reap3r

This evening was rather uneventful. For some reason I respawned at the bottom left of the map in the middle of the woods (nowhere near the airfield where I logged out). I met up with MrZunz (he happened to be near Pavlovo) and we went to do some scavenging. I had no more ammo for my M4 (magazine mysteriously emptied) and my M9 was also emptied after a reconnect, so it was rather fortunate that we didn't encounter any others.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560943362773283392/985C2220C985737CDD07D368D14C3212196D1E58/

WAAAAAIIIIT wait wait wait...

We need a badass group name first

Then spark up a reputation on the server :pipe:

Has to be something painfully corny.. Like:

Armageddon

Destroyers

Terminators

Exterminators

Delta

Mantis

Riders

Predators

Wolverines

Oh god the possibilities!

I might start playing with you guys in a couple of days, after im less of a complete noob and actually know where to get weapons and crap

Edited by Dr.Minky

Connected today, found another map. Met up with a guy I know, name's Hobbyist. I accidentally got into the water and lost all my shit, so we went to the Airfield. He got shot by some guy with an M4 and went down as I went around to flank him. I don't know if I killed him or not, but the guy disappeared and I went to his spot and picked up an M4 and 2 mags.

I'm bleeding out with 5000 HP and some water, with no food or backpack or bandages. Only painkillers, Makarov with 4 mags, M4 with 2 mags and a map.

Edit: Decided to die. I respawned next to the airfield and I was like "holy shit this luck". I sprinted to the Airfield, where I died. Then I got to my death-site, oh my god. My items.

I walk up the stairs after I got my M9 and shit back, found a G17C. I ran out of the Airfield and disconnected to find another server.

I eventually found one, but it was at night. So I go to click "Abort". I clicked "Respawn".

http://cloud.steampowered.com/http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540677086425095725/BDE2E4A852C57CC4350A1B8C80BBFC0D79F2A8F8/

sigh.

Edited by Silver Dot