Mr. Green Gaming

Day Z

Clavus

There are rumors that a DayZ mode will be included with Arma 3.

Imagine if they ditched their engine and put it onto the Crytek.3 engine - I would cry tears of joy

Unlike your computer, which would just cry.

Since when did I have a bad computer? :V

Besides, I think 90% of peoples computers are gonna melt with the crytek 3 engine

It would be amazing none the less

Edited by Dr.Minky

Info on the next update. It'll require the Arma 2 beta (1.61), which should roll out as official Arma 2 update soon afterward. For DayZ there will be an improved login system, which they'll test on only a few servers first, so some current DayZ 1.6.0.1 will remain until Arma 2 moves to 1.61, after which all DayZ servers will move to 1.7.0. Confused yet?

The update will be named 1.7.0 to avoid confusion with the ArmA2 Patch 1.6)

A major update is pending, that will mainly affect the server side code. This will have a significant impact on player loading times and general stability of player saving. The system hasn't been tested at capacity however our testing has so far indicated loading times are reduced to being almost instant.

Servers will require the Beta patch to be installed (and therefore clients will also) prior to the rollout of ArmA2OA patch 1.61.

Initially, when 1.7.0 is released we will bring several servers online with this to test this new method at capacity levels, prior to rolling out across all Beta servers. Once 1.61 is released all servers will run the new system.

The more people the more awesome our raids will be. Also the more likely we'll break our friendly fire-less streak one day :V

Still planning on establishing a base somewhere. Just some tents pitched in the wilderness to store our shit and bring any vehicles we can find. I've got a possible idea of where the Russians have their base in FR2, still need to check that out. The choppers should be somewhere on the map, we just need to find them and steal them. Sounds easy right?

The more people the more awesome our raids will be. Also the more likely we'll break our friendly fire-less streak one day :V

Still planning on establishing a base somewhere. Just some tents pitched in the wilderness to store our shit and bring any vehicles we can find. I've got a possible idea of where the Russians have their base in FR2, still need to check that out. The choppers should be somewhere on the map, we just need to find them and steal them. Sounds easy right?

Could probably get one if everyone were online at the same time - get a few snipers positioned and have 2 small teams go in, then youd be pretty unlikely to all get killed as youd have multiple points of cover and would be able to have a few people with supplies to ready the chopper

There are like 10+ of us now too, so you could have 2 groups of 4 going in and then 2 snipers positioned at a distance

Where you thinking of making camp?

Edited by Dr.Minky

Ok guys, my problem has apparently been fixed. Thanks to everyone that helped.

I downloaded the 1.7 patch and I gotta say, you guys HAVE to download it. It completely erases any traces of bad FPS and long loading times, at least for me.

Edited by Silver Dot

I downloaded the 1.7 patch and I gotta say, you guys HAVE to download it. It completely erases any traces of bad FPS and long loading times, at least for me.

First I was like 'wait what' but yeah it seems they already made a limited release: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9196

Well first off we can't say the exact position in this topic, since it's public. Secondly, we'll have to pick a server as our 'main base', since tents and vehicles are persistent on a single server. FR2 is looking pretty good in that respect. Thirdly, the position has to be easy to find for us, but hard to find for random players.

Hmm does CryTek support 225KM2 maps? or 128 player slots?

Any engine can with sufficient tweaking. In the end it's all just code.

It is possible true, but it would need BIG changes to the engine, because with current things (how it calculates movements etc) there is simply not enough powers to run that. Don't even know if the engine itself can handle it.

But yeah. I would drool over game like that (Cryengine level graphics/fysics, and gamearea size of Arma) :V

Edited by MiF

Hmm does CryTek support 225KM2 maps? or 128 player slots?

Any engine can with sufficient tweaking. In the end it's all just code.

It is possible true, but it would need BIG changes to the engine, because with current things (how it calculates movements etc) there is simply not enough powers to run that. Don't even know if the engine itself can handle it.

But yeah. I would drool over game like that (Cryengine level graphics/fysics, and gamearea size of Arma) :V

It's coming. Soon.

I also suggest some music that anyone could try some while playing DayZ. It's really fitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1VreyJwMVM&feature=related

Edited by Silver Dot

Well first off we can't say the exact position in this topic, since it's public. Secondly, we'll have to pick a server as our 'main base', since tents and vehicles are persistent on a single server. FR2 is looking pretty good in that respect. Thirdly, the position has to be easy to find for us, but hard to find for random players.

mkay

By the way, I don't know what map you guys use but me and the other guys last night were using the one off of wikipedia

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/images/1/18/Map_Chernarus.jpg

Its handy because instead of saying the city or town you're in you can give co-ordinates, and have a better idea of how far you are from eachother

First I was like 'wait what' but yeah it seems they already made a limited release: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9196

Problem is it is full during the day and kinda takes 15m-30m to get in(lucky bastards takes 1m)

Also best place to setup a camp would be like west of Lopatino(?) that is like west of airfield. We could pitch the tents near bushes/pine trees and we can easily loot the airfield and quickly return the loot to the tents. we can also try North of Petrorevka as almost nobody comes there and yet it is close too, if we manage to get some vehicles then were all set and distance wont matter.

Also we may have people, but you guys are kinda new so i suggest until you have learned to navigate, to get decent primary's ,to be stealth like splinter cell and to do your role in advanced operations of airfields, i suggest you stay with other new people :P

Edit: Sorry if i was rude.

Edited by Reap3r

Has someone an idea if ARMA 3 will have day Z ?

Just so I know if I have to wait till ARMA 3 comes out :D

There are plenty of rumours. DayZ's developer is actually a designer working on Arma 3, and I bet his superiors won't ignore the success his mod has. They could release it as DLC / addon next to the main game. It could become Arma 3's official zombie mode. It'd be relatively easy for them too since since they can re-use a lot of content and mechanics from the main game, all the while making something completely different but just as profitable.