Mr. Green Gaming

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

EmRA

Okay, some updates. They're not gonna make you happy (they sure didn't make me happy):

• IWnet servers will host multiplayer
  • DLC will be a charged item for PC
  • No dedicated servers
  • Matchmaking system used to play with similarly ranked players
  • VAC instead of PB
  • Competitive play is dead (Clans etc.)
  • MW2 mods would not be possible
  • Full integration into Steam

Source

Ofcourse, some of them aren't all that bad, but most of them ruin the game.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL.

Gotta love IW now.

Thats why i dont buy MW 2 , im gonna get BF BC2 funny.gif

Vehicles , Destructable things , vehicles , no op noob tube , vehicles , assholes nvm that, vehicles. did i mention vehicles?

I liked MW 1 , but hearing this is just a dissapointment for my feeling in Infinity Ward. seems like they are becoming Money Grabbers too.

Edited by Hundred2

Okay, some updates. They're not gonna make you happy (they sure didn't make me happy):

• No dedicated servers
  • VAC instead of PB

Source

I totally love the choice of VAC over PB, but I totally do not understand them dropping dedicated servers and mod support.

• No dedicated servers
  • VAC instead of PB

Source

I totally love the choice of VAC over PB, but I totally do not understand them dropping dedicated servers and mod support.

In the interview, they asked the developer: "Why did you make these radical changes? Because of piracy?". And he replied with something like: "No, we just want to give the community a different multiplayer experience" and more weird reasons. At the end of that sentence, he said: "... but ofcourse it'll also work against piracy".

So basically they ruined the game for people who BUY it, just to get more sales. I doubt it'll work.

Also, why make all those changes nobody likes, while you can make it a Steam-only game and keep all the good stuff?

I actually hope that they would make games where you play for example as germans in WW2.

For americans, british etc. its ok to see hunreds or thousand of germans getting killed and shot. But its too bad to see americans etc. getting killed?!

I agree, but I think the reason they do that is because if they'd do it, they would get a lot of critics and bashing on that game because it'll look like the makers are sympathized with Nazi-soldiers. Off course, there were a lot of German soldiers that faught against their will (because they thaught they were going to fight for something better than exterminating jews etc), but the common people don't know that. I think that this would get more people sympathized with the German army, and maybe become Nazi-fanatics.

And there is a game where you play a German soldier (It's called Wolfschanze, about the man that wants to kill Hitler, a true story that was recently shown in 'Valkyrie'), but that's about soldiers/men who are against the system, and don't shoot Americans etc.

And why wont they make games (WW2 for example) about different scenes. Theres at least a dousin games about Normandy. Another dousin about Operation Market Garden. For example, who has seen battles of WW2 in Finland(Winter war)? Now thats an idea for a game!

Well, CoD is known for the fact that they switch to different scenes with different characters. In CoD2 you go to Normandy front, to the desert, and to the East-front. But yeah, Normandy is always in it indeed.

I hope CoD:MW2 will have a better story line, because the one in CoD4 really sucks.

The storyline in CoD4 was FTW! :P The storyline in CoD5 sucked. But the storyline in CoD4 was awesome, and way too short!

• No dedicated servers
  • VAC instead of PB

Source

I love the VAC over PB, but 'no dedicated servers'... Smells like the shitty system in L4D and BF Heroes. I hate it that they want to change the PC into a console, along with the console-politics. >_>

Yey, great, they fucking spoiled the PC version. Its just straight console->PC variant(?).

No more clan-playing in MW2.

No more playing with your friends.

No more playing in the good "server" what you found yesturday, just some random "server" which changes every time.

No more modded content, only map packs which cost a fortune.

No more bigger matches, only like max. 10 player- random small matches.

Boycott it like the rest of us. Just boycott it, if you have pre-ordered it, cancel it.

50-70$ is a bit too much from singleplayer. Even if you got it for cheap, cancel it, less money for the IW/AV morrons.

I'm not talking about them quickly changing it, I'm talking about IWNet. It MIGHT turn out well, even though I doubt it.

I pre-ordered it together with my friends (who are die-hard CoD fans), and I want to join them online anyway. So no, I'm not gonna cancel my pre-order, I'll just see how it turns out.

And I want to join them online anyway.

But, thats the problem. No more IP-adresses, no more playing with friends. The system decides who you play with and where.

You play where the system wants you to play.

The server/host changes every time, and I dont even start talking about clan playing.

And I want to join them online anyway.

But, thats the problem. No more IP-adresses, no more playing with friends. The system decides who you play with and where.

You play where the system wants you to play.

The server/host changes every time, and I dont even start talking about clan playing.

Playing together with your friends is still possible, and so is playing in a clan. The problem with clans is: You can't have your own clan server, where your own rules apply. You have to play in either some random guys server, or your own private server.

Also, there are still IP adresses. Period. The only question is: Is it possible to obtain them?

You can't have your own clan server, where your own rules apply. You have to play in either some random guys server, or your own private server.

Also, there are still IP adresses. Period. The only question is: Is it possible to obtain them?

Well, clan matches. How wonderfull it will be to get those german(or whatevah) teenage kids who dont speak english almost at all, to the same server?

In the past, this was done by simply giving the IP, now its gona be all invitationrumba and banging your head on the wall.

E: Have you ever tried to host a server for more than 2 people? Maybe you have great internet speed, but everyone dont. Impossible for those who have some 1M or 0,5M internet.

Edited by Nobana

You can't have your own clan server, where your own rules apply. You have to play in either some random guys server, or your own private server.

Well, clan matches. How wonderfull it will be to get those german(or whatevah) teenage kids who dont speak english almost at all, to the same server?

In the past, this was done by simply giving the IP, now its gona be all invitationrumba and banging your head on the wall.

As I said, you can still host your own PRIVATE game, which means your server is either passworded, or has private slots for the people on your friendlist.

Maybe giving IP is still possible, no one said it isn't possible anymore, and it's very likely it still IS possible, seeing as every computer has an IP addres.

There's also a "partysystem", which means you can go from one server to another with your clanmates/friends/a specific group of people you assigned.

E. Have you ever tried to host a server for more than 2 people? Maybe you have great internet speed, but everyone dont. Impossible for those who have some 1M or 0,5M internet.

I have hosted a GMod Server with 8+ people several times, and it worked out fine. My internet is pretty fast, but nothing out of the ordinary. And I hosted GMod, which costs LOADS of resources compared to CoD (due to ragdolls, physics, tools, addons etc).

Also, IWNet picks the ideal server for you; lowest ping, matching skills and other gameplay elements that you'd like. And trust me: MW2 WILL be sold a lot of times. So don't worry about not having enough servers.

Note that I'm not defending IW/MW2 here, I still think the lack of dedicated servers is a really bad thing, but most of the arguments you use are just not valid.

Ok, I can admit that I lost when I did. But if I could translate all/more of the words from finnish to english, then I could maybe convince you more, now I couldnt really do my best.

Maybe giving IP is still possible, no one said it isn't possible anymore, and it's very likely it still IS possible, seeing as every computer has an IP addres.

That was said in Finnish gaming page(gaming.fi). There it says very clearly, the server will and the players will change every time you play, the server where you played last time, just doesnt exist.

Lets end this here, and see what they got to offer us.

Ok, I can admit that I lost when I did. But if I could translate all/more of the words from finnish to english, then I could maybe convince you more, now I couldnt really do my best.

That was said in Finnish gaming page(gaming.fi). There it says very clearly, the server will and the players will change every time you play, the server where you played last time, just doesnt exist.

Lets end this here, and see what they got to offer us.

IW responds to the petition being at a staggering 125.000 people:

http://www.fourzerotwo.com/?p=745

“A Party allows you to move from game to game as a group. It’s great for clan matches, because you can party up with your clan and move from public game to public game together. Or if you’re doing a scrim, party up and invite the other clan (who is in a party) and they’ll all join at once. Set up a private match together and play. It makes setting up scrims or games with friends easier and hassle free.”

Well duh, we knew you would make a system like that IW. But that's just not enough. People want to have servers they can go to regularly. Not everyone you play with is in your friends list.

They'll see that PC games should remain as PC games and not turn into console games. They'll learn it the hard way.

I agree. But I won't sign that petition cause it says 'also add Punkbuster', which is the lamest, stupidest, crappiest anti-cheat system ever that annoys you more if you have bought the game, than when you play it cracked. Valve Anti-Cheat is still the best system against cheaters.

From the press release on Steam:

All PC versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be powered by Steamworks, providing gamers with auto-updating, anti-cheat technology, Steam Achievements, and the recently introduced Steam Cloud.

Which probably means you can buy the retail version (cheap) and activate it on Steam.