Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

EmRA

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is/was the boycotting about? The game is fine.

Singleplayer was pure epic. Many :D parts, many :o parts, and so on.

Multiplayer is not as cool at SP, but still it's gr8.

Nobana, shame on you. You should get a ban, from every gaming community on earth.

Oh and, anyone noticed sex/barbara doll under the stairs when you are in makarov's house (with the file downloading etc.)? :lol:

What they did was wrong, and they should get away with it so easily. And even copyed mod to their game without giving the original maker any credit of his work, thats just wrong.

Singleplayer was pure epic.

Well of course it was. All Call of Duty's(well, most of 'em) have epic SP.

Edited by Nobana

Alright, but I still think that guy is a bit over-reacting. Ah mod for BF2 made their own destruction system, very similar to the one used by BFBC, but that doesn't mean BFBC ripped it off.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they didn't copy it, they aren't that lazy.

Actually, they did. They use the same engine they made for CoD4. So I guess they are pretty lazy.

And DICE made an entirely new engine, which supports the destruction system.

Edited by Botervloot

Actually, they did. They use the same engine they made for CoD4. So I guess they are pretty lazy.

Unless someone can proof to me that IW copied the mod's code, I still think all the whining is ridiculous, no offense.

Unless someone can proof to me that IW copied the mod's code, I still think all the whining is ridiculous, no offense.

Not the code. The effects. The models.

Would you like it when you wrote a book, then someone else publishes it, claiming that he made it, and makes lots of money?

Edited by Botervloot

Not the code. The effects. The models.

Would you like it when you wrote a book, then someone else publishes it, claiming that he made it, and makes lots of money?

If they indeed really ripped of the models and effects, the modder is right to complain.

What they did was wrong, and they should get away with it so easily. And even copyed mod to their game without giving the original maker any credit of his work, thats just wrong.

Thats what I asked: What did they do?

What more did they do than steal a mod? What exactly did they steal?

I just don't understand boycotters.

Squirrel, what do you need that you believe that they copied? I just gave you a valid source. Not that I care what you think, but still.

What more did they do than steal a mod? What exactly did they steal?

They stole nothing else, gona borrow something from a finnish gaming magazine of this subject:

PC gaming started using dedicated server in the year 1997 when Quakeworld came. Since then, dedicated servers have been the main pillar of PC multiplaying. It makes possible that players have wildly bigger player limit, and balanced game arena, 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. And it doesnt close the connection in middle of the game when mommy yells for you.

Gaming industry wants that also PC players move back to that stoneage P2P-system. In primitive systems, when host leaves, the game disconnects. He always gots 0ms. Everyone else is lagging, becoss data really needs to travel to the server and back.

P2P server needs also to run the graphics, sounds and maybe even players motion in addition of the chat and judging the game.

Thats why there can only be a handfull of player and even with a good server, it isnt equal for the balance and speed what a dedicated server would give. You can thank the modern fast internet connections that the P2P-system even works.

The tecnic is enough for 4-8 co-op games, and if you dont know any better, 16-24 player games are decent for you.

Modern Warfare 2 is Pandora's box for the console players and Pandora's chest for PC-players. For both it test the same problem, can you rip off extra money for very, very expected game. For us, PC players, the problem is worse. It test that can you reset PC multiplaying to what it was 13 years ago, and at the same time, delete mods and free content/DLC.

If IW succees, everyone will follow. Aliens vs. Predator 3 is in the edge, no dedicated servers if MW2 succees.

The most depressing thing is the bullshit what they try to feed for PC players. IW liturgy says that matchmaking connects equal players easily and with no problem. Matchmaking is fucked-up system what you can take seriously, only if you dont know of better. In Left 4 Dead, PC players "whined" so long that they added normal servers. Now everyones happy, and for a reason. Exept that from L4D2 demo, it was missing, again.

They also say that its "expensive" to run a dedicated servers. Its true that the developers have run at least few servers in the beginning, but in reality, dedicated servers are run by different gaming communyties, with theyr own money. Thats why good-old PC multiplayer games are still alive and living well, and even SWAT 4(2005) has more players than most of the console games added together.

The developer has to only run a main server where all other servers tell that their there.

The other reason is DLC's, one of the futures ways to make a lot of money. A good way is the consogames map-packs. It works, because console gamers dont got any option. Closed console is played in a closed system, its the ideal scenario for game developers.

But the stupid PC gamers create so much free content, that no one would buy those 10$ map-packs. In the past, it was normal that every 3D games were released with free dedicated server software and mostly even free creating tools.

For demonstration/example, compare ARMA-production to Codemasters console-ideology made Dragon rising; ARMA II was released with free editor to all content, also 3D model editing, and Dragon Rising crypted all of its data-files and the content made for it would fit in a pastille box.

Im not as mad of the threat to multiplaying as Im mad for the hyena's, who just laugh when PC-multiplaying is closed to a small box and cutten the wings of it.

Never thought that instead of settling for the worse, you could demand dedicated servers for consoles too?

Theres no technical reason that PC could run the server software and make the console gaming played how its ment to instead of that P2P-bullshit.

Most of the console gamers are happy to P2P multiplaying. Most of the germans in East-Germany were happy to live in DDR, becoss they didnt know there was anything better. No one who lived in the West-germany would want to exchange their freedom to Stalins guarded DDR's standard of living.

I dont want to change the matches of tens of players, technically working connection, the freedom to choose who I play with, what I play, what kind of connection I play with, to a system, where the only option is buying lotto tickets and playing with some random guys..

And just when everything is going allright, little John has to go to eat his food.

Thank you for reading, I hope you really give thought about this.

Edited by Nobana

The most depressing thing is the bullshit what they try to feed for PC players. IW liturgy says that matchmaking connects equal players easily and with no problem. Matchmaking is fucked-up system what you can take seriously, only if you dont know of better. In Left 4 Dead, PC players "whined" so long that they added normal servers. Now everyones happy, and for a reason. Exept that from L4D2 demo, it was missing, again.

There was always the ability to put up dedi servers for L4D. It's just the method of finding them which they tweaked and improved. Matchmaking is not a bad system for L4D, since you want to be able to gather a party before starting the game.

Also, in MW2 your ping is a lie: http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180556