Mr. Green Gaming

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

EmRA

More news (and sadness)!

• Max players will be 18 in total. That's 9v9, so no more 16v16, "because 9v9 is more balanced and the gameplay was

designed with a 9v9 balance in mind"

• No leaning in multiplayer

• IWNet was designed for an "easier and more balanced" experience on PC, not against piracy

• No plans for a demo. PC version isn't even finished (I thought it had to be shipped the 11th, but I might be wrong)

• No "/record" feature

• IW knows about the petition

Response to the petition is "All I can say is that we changed it to make it a better and easier experience. Also,

not all of the names on that list are legit. ;) " Yes, the wink was indeed used in the response.

Source

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More sadness!

And, there will be no console. So you play it like the IW wants you to play it.

Heres some news IW gave:

Laugh: Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun,

removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?

Vincey-IW: We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

And ping is over 100ms, has this guy ever played on PC?

LaGgY_42o: What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?

Mackey-IW: I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great.

Holy shit! PC version has mouse-support! Über custom stuff for PC!

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

No kicking hackers/cheaters who get past VAC!

maniac1969: How are PC gaming clans going to uphold their clan rules in the IW-net system?

Are you going to give admin rights to gaming rooms so that admins can Kick or Ban players who refuse to follow clan rules?

For example, {MRoA} servers prohibit racial comments from guest and/or clan members...

Mackey-IW: In response to the PC clan question: Private matches are a way for players to easily play with their friends and apply whatever House Rules they want.

You can not kick players from Ranked matches.

Oh, there is more, but I thought this will be enough for you. I dont wanna give a heart attack.

Good luck playing with 5 players in each server..

Due to the petition, 1/3 of the whole multiplayer gaming community that was gunna play arne't going to play.

I signed it but now I don't really care..so I can't mod, Why should I care?

I just didn't buy it because I'm waiting till the price downs a bit.

18 players in each server. Still not much though :P

Ordered my copy. 35 euros for a UK import (including shipping).

I also see it as a small payment for having enjoyed the CoD 4 campaign (which I got through less legal ways). I'm sure the singleplayer will be amazing. I'll see how multiplayer works out, but I don't care much for it anyway.

I'll be getting this for my Xbox.

No chance I'm paying for a PC version.

And me dust wuts ur add :D mines NglDeaDlySh0Tz

but wont be gettin till christmas >< and the PC version will suck no dedicated server means means a fail server on

someone elses comp when he quits bye bye game... Would be good if they had dedicated servers...

But the single player campaign will be awsome! and multiplayer on the xbox is said to be amazing. But i hope for all the PC gamers that the dedicated server will be announced soon beacuse i will have it on PC soon as well.

Edited by Nublin.Draco

IW.net just sounds like a failed way of covering up what basically just is "matchmaking" and for the reason you can't mod develop and host dedi's, this game wins an epic failure award.

Actually, its not even a cover up. It is officially matchmaking, straight from Halo 3.

Looking for a torrent in Piratebay, and a crack of course.

Edited by Nobana

And me dust wuts ur add :D mines NglDeaDlySh0Tz

but wont be gettin till christmas >< and the PC version will suck no dedicated server means means a fail server on

someone elses comp when he quits bye bye game... Would be good if they had dedicated servers...

But the single player campaign will be awsome! and multiplayer on the xbox is said to be amazing. But i hope for all the PC gamers that the dedicated server will be announced soon beacuse i will have it on PC soon as well.

Lies. By 'no dedicated servers' they mean no publicly available server binaries for people to set up their own dedis. There will be dedicated servers, but all managed and hosted by the developer.

And me dust wuts ur add biggrin.gif mines NglDeaDlySh0Tz

Lies. By 'no dedicated servers' they mean no publicly available server binaries for people to set up their own dedis. There will be dedicated servers, but all managed and hosted by the developer.

I hope for the people in EU that all the servers arent in US..

Or else , ping of 200

And its still bad you cant host your own dedicated with own map rotations.

Edited by Hundred2

I hope for the people in EU that all the servers arent in US..

Or else , ping of 200

And its still bad you cant host your own dedicated with own map rotations.

And still ping over 100ms.

And you cant have your own settings, mods etc. And no console...

Edited by Nobana