Mr. Green Gaming

laggers & vote manipulators

i'm going to discuss 2 issues that directly catches my eye, let's get straight to the point;

1. LAGGERS

there are so many players from regions such as south america, eastern asia, australia, etc. and they all have constant pings above ~200 (because of their distance to the server obviously). yet they are never marked as laggers if they don't reach pings like 300-400 (which doesn't help because they are on around 200 ping %90 of the time)

when i'm racing against someone that has that much ping i always get in carnage and get spun or vice versa. i see them differently position wise on my screen so do they. this can be fixed with maybe dividing players into high/low ping groups and making them not interfering with each other. but i have a better and easier solution.

MY SUGGESTION:  reduce the [LAGGER] mark threshold to around 100-150

2. VOTE MANIPULATORS

this is a common issue in the server, people manipulating the map votes with their team/nation. this problem is usually caused by polish players but occasionally some other clans/nations do this also, and it should get fixed. because every map is getting played 3 times just because bunch of no lifers want top scores on every single map. i just witnessed a polish tryhard clan or whatever use the server like a training/cw server and it really proved to me that it's a big problem. a clan should never be able to dominate a casual server's player count and replay every map in order to get top times. (THIS ALSO INCLUDES BUYING MAPS AND REPLAYING IT 3 TIMES)

screen.thumb.png.ef90eed98285423b6b4bfe9996edb943.png

they should get a server themselves and go replay maps there, this server is not a training/cw server. most people enjoy playing different maps as much as possible because they don't get to play this game too much and joining to something like this may put off new players.

this issue can be fixed by maybe putting a price on "play again" vote, like 50-100gc (similar to map buying). i don't know how would you handle mass voting by players in the same team, i haven't thought anything logical about that so you can suggest below.

MY SUGGESTION:  remove play again option completely (or reduce to only once) and increase the map buying price

Edited by PresidentOkan

don't know if you can read and acknowledge english but it literally says replaying every single map. yet your example is me buying 1 single map maximum 5-6 times here and there (no problem with map buying also, anyone can buy anything. it's not the main concern here but i get it you don't wanna understand) when nobody is around so i don't bother anyone. and please research more and show me begging for replay votes. i don't call 10 of my friends in the server and make them vote "play again" every single map. if you have trouble fathoming this, here i repeat again; EVERY SINGLE MAP WHERE YOU WANT TOP TIMES. i know it's hard to understand english and common sense when you devote your whole brain to memorizing a game. please reply and suggest logical arguments or stay quiet.

i don't really understand you poles you either ignore the main point completely or put up arguments that are not even related to the my argument. funny nation i love it

I didn't call them, I don't revote every map, I'm here to play the game and not to bitch about fucking everything. I wish you could see our "tryhard" on this server. Trust me, there are many race events/clanwars/servers where i can tryhard and mrgreen is definitely not one of these.

Edited by suckarz

I can't really comment anything on the laggers case, because this issue occurs me rarely.

But the vote manipulations, it's something else. If only the suckarz gang would be the worst case. I know that someone can dislike that maps are getting revoted twice, because suckarz and his teammates has big skill advantage, leaving no chance to you.

But in my opinion that's minor compared to other example of this case. And I mean the PP (Polish Paradise) clan now. Because they actually manipulate votes, for example on an evening, there was a map called Rush Hour which I find unplayable, but Patr0, one of the PP members said "4" and interestingly, the map got revoted again. And it's not the only case, it happens kinda often if there are more than 3 people online from the clan. The worst thing happened about this case, which I found an in-game crime, when a player called Nostral was online, and he took advantage of the amount of the online team members, and the maps he bought was revoted ofc, while the other online players didn't want to play it at all. 

Wonder why? Because he bought maps like I wanna find my destiny, besistask, and Hell Choose Me constantly(!), so you guess how good it was for the race community. When coremarker maps were being bought, interestingly there was already a report towards it, unlike the case I mentioned.

These were just my thoughts about the vote manipulation case.

Edited by V4POR

Making the limit to 100-150 won't ever happen. The max I agreed to is 250. Making it any lower than that is pointless.

About clans voting what they want and playing maps they want. Increasing map price will reduce it, but it will still be there. Specially GCs transfer is possible. Clan members can just share the cost of the map. I can't think of a way to prevent that. If any of you have a better suggestion other than increasing map price let me know.

Just now, suckarz said:

I really would like to know how my team would be able to manipulate votes. There are like 3-4 active mrgreen players in it (including me). 

Imo you can lower the amount of redos from 2 to 1. I'm totally fine with it.

I already had the amount of play again to one before and it was one of the worst things I ever done and had to change it back to 2 again.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:18 AM, PresidentOkan said:

1. LAGGERS

there are so many players from regions such as south america, eastern asia, australia, etc. and they all have constant pings above ~200 (because of their distance to the server obviously). yet they are never marked as laggers if they don't reach pings like 300-400 (which doesn't help because they are on around 200 ping %90 of the time)

when i'm racing against someone that has that much ping i always get in carnage and get spun or vice versa. i see them differently position wise on my screen so do they. this can be fixed with maybe dividing players into high/low ping groups and making them not interfering with each other. but i have a better and easier solution.

MY SUGGESTION:  reduce the [LAGGER] mark threshold to around 100-150

I'm sorry but you got it all wrong and don't understand what lagger is , its not about how high the ping is, it's more about the connection quality/stability. Now i don't want to sound racist but I have seen countless Turkish players with ping like 60-70 and they were extremely lagged with same stuff u described like getting very delayed rocket kill, or getting fucked out of the road in NTS/Race if i do only as much as touch them.

I have had way better experience with most South Americans with 250 ping than with Turks with 60 ping, and not only in MTA but in other multiplayer games i played turkish players were the biggest laggers with the shittiest and most unstable connection. Of course same goes to south americans, they can have low quality internet as well as turks can have better quality internet but it doesn't depend solely on their ping/server distance. 

So your complaining about laggers as well as your sugestion about reducing the allowed ping limit is completely pointless and it wouldn't fix the issue with turkish players lagging with low ping.

23 hours ago, eL_AsS said:

I'm sorry but you got it all wrong and don't understand what lagger is , its not about how high the ping is, it's more about the connection quality/stability. Now i don't want to sound racist but I have seen countless Turkish players with ping like 60-70 and they were extremely lagged with same stuff u described like getting very delayed rocket kill, or getting fucked out of the road in NTS/Race if i do only as much as touch them.

I have had way better experience with most South Americans with 250 ping than with Turks with 60 ping, and not only in MTA but in other multiplayer games i played turkish players were the biggest laggers with the shittiest and most unstable connection. Of course same goes to south americans, they can have low quality internet as well as turks can have better quality internet but it doesn't depend solely on their ping/server distance. 

So your complaining about laggers as well as your sugestion about reducing the allowed ping limit is completely pointless and it wouldn't fix the issue with turkish players lagging with low ping.

lagger mark is determined by your ping in this server and believe me i know what's the difference between LAG and PING. the issue i was talking about is directly about people who have CONSTANT ping above 200-250, not people who might have low ping but also low consistency. now i don't want to sound racist but i have also seen countless polish players with 60-70 ping and they were extremely lagged with same stuff so by that you should understand that it's not about nation, if i talk about inconsistency problems in ping it's a whole different story, you got my point wrong, it's about non-european players.

hard to believe you had better experience with people with 250 ping because that literally defies logic and how internet works so i'm sorry i'm not going to side you with that one. you reply is biased because you are so also a pole so i get it.

of course lowering the threshold won't affect issues about players with unstable connection still, but it would fix the issue with non-european players. it has nothing to do with turkish players or polish players.

Edited by PresidentOkan