BF: Bad Company 2

Nobana

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new map pack has been released. Including Arica Harbor in Qonquest and Laguna Presa in Rush.

And, ITS FREE!

E: Rank 25 atm. Still missing one Medic weapon(MG3).

If i "join game" a server with the new map gamemodes it says that there are no servers running it :lol:

It'll probably take some time for all of EA's partners to change the mapcycles.

I have only 3 unlocked items.

And anyone knows if they will patch their damn game?!I can't even play singleplayer!And multi lags a bit for me (graphics).

"Efforts, it's not in the game."

Yea, a patch is on the way.

Demize99 Yes, we're working on patches for all platforms. Includes

some balance tweaks, as well as fixing issues the community has noticed. #BFBC2

Doublepost, so?

Just got my 12th smoke grenade kill. Nothing feels better than seeing that text "Nobana<40MM SMOKE LAUNCHER>Victim".

Oh, and once in Valparaiso, we destroyed the first two crates. Then I just randomly shot a smoke grenade to the next base from our spawn, and quess what? SMOKE OWNAGEE! The guy I killed then had to be like Wtf when a smoke grenade just fell into his head from 200 meters(or more)

saiga with slugs.

I tried that combination for the first time today. Was ok. I mostly prefer the normal(first) shotgun, 870 Combat, with 12 slug and Magnum aim. One shot one kill, and works like a sniper.

One of the best weapons IMO

I still use it at lvl 22..

It's my 2nd or 3rd most used wep

I just wish that they would make a citymap like what Battlefield 2 had. Arica Harbor in Qonquest is close. But even more CQB would be awesome.

Like Strike at Karkand in BF2. Of course not exact copy, wouldnt fit for the low amount of players in BC2. But if they could just capture the spirit what you have when playing Karkand, it would be perfect.

Strike at Karkand

strike_at_karkand_64_menuMap.jpg

Are you tired of shooting people in Bad Company 2 but they don't take any damage? So was I. One poster on Gamefaqs (spank_thru101) posted a possible solution to the problem so I decided to test it out. Upon further investigation, this was also something you could edit in previous battlefield games.

This only has a really noticable effect if you have a faster internet connection and regularily see below 100 server pings in the list.

Basically, add these two lines;

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.0450000

SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 45

to your gamesettings.ini and settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder.

In gamesettings.ini, add them between the lines;

IntroPlayed=1

[GstPersistence]

In settings.ini, just add it to the end of the list. Save both files.

BEFORE YOU TRY THIS, change the value to your general server ping. For me, when I refresh the list, most servers are 31-45 ping. So, I change the values to .045 and 45 for 45 ping.

Say most of your servers are 73 ping, you'll want to change the values at the end of the previously stated changes to .073 and 73 respectively.

EDIT: Setting it slightly below the server ping makes the hitboxes even more accurate. Setting it much lower makes them in front of the target. Experiment with it however you want.

Apparently the battlefield series tries to compensate for an average of 100ms ping by default and so the hitboxes appear to "lag behind" the actual player model you're seeing in game. This fix changes it so that the models are where the hitboxes actually are by adjusting to your average ping instead.

The reason I had captions for serverlist ping and in-game ping value is because I tried with both options. You can see that the serverlist ping was the right one to choose for the value edit and caused the hitboxes to be entirely more accurate, while the in-game value arguably made them even worse.

Ideally you want the value you change it to the match the server ping of whatever server you're joining. That's why I said take an average if you play across multiple servers of varied pings

Guess this could be of some help to people :o

Are you tired of shooting people in Bad Company 2 but they don't take any damage? So was I. One poster on Gamefaqs (spank_thru101) posted a possible solution to the problem so I decided to test it out. Upon further investigation, this was also something you could edit in previous battlefield games.

This only has a really noticable effect if you have a faster internet connection and regularily see below 100 server pings in the list.

IntroPlayed=1

[GstPersistence]

BEFORE YOU TRY THIS, change the value to your general server ping. For me, when I refresh the list, most servers are 31-45 ping. So, I change the values to .045 and 45 for 45 ping.

Say most of your servers are 73 ping, you'll want to change the values at the end of the previously stated changes to .073 and 73 respectively.

EDIT: Setting it slightly below the server ping makes the hitboxes even more accurate. Setting it much lower makes them in front of the target. Experiment with it however you want.

Apparently the battlefield series tries to compensate for an average of 100ms ping by default and so the hitboxes appear to "lag behind" the actual player model you're seeing in game. This fix changes it so that the models are where the hitboxes actually are by adjusting to your average ping instead.

The reason I had captions for serverlist ping and in-game ping value is because I tried with both options. You can see that the serverlist ping was the right one to choose for the value edit and caused the hitboxes to be entirely more accurate, while the in-game value arguably made them even worse.

Ideally you want the value you change it to the match the server ping of whatever server you're joining. That's why I said take an average if you play across multiple servers of varied pings

Guess this could be of some help to people :o

i dont get it :o

can you explain me this plz?

cus others kill me pretty fast and if i shoot them? i need to use my 30 bullets :o :o

thats why i hate the game a bid.

IntroPlayed=1

[GstPersistence]

That's all, more questions?

IntroPlayed=1

[GstPersistence]

That's all, more questions?

yes, kinda. dont think i am stupid but i cant find gamesettings.ini i couldn't even find a gamesettings FILE.

maybe you can make a printscreen or what because i think i dont have the file??