Mr. Green Gaming

Religion

The Lazy Peon

I find it the most beliveable solution.

Although there are other really interesting theories about the birth of our whatever this place is, they seem to have just as much evidence as god does.

What disillusioned life are you living?!

Some theories are just based on observations, and often have complicated explanations. That's what he means I think; there is just as much proof for those theories as there is for the existence of a god (because even though we don't believe in one, there is always the possibility that there is some supernatural power).

Also there have been many theories about faster-than-light travel, which often resolve around bending the space around an object. That way the object doesn't necessarily travel faster in terms of velocity, but the distance is 'shorter'. Mind bending crap al right :P

Couple of terrorists =/= every religious person on earth

dude just read the post I posted right before that one:

"Religion is a good thing, no doubt about that, but it's when people get too caught up in the the small things, that shit start going to hell. If you want to believe, then believe, but don't make a fuzz."

Seriously, whats with blaming religion over everything? Religion doesn't make you more easily offended or more angry, it's about the person itself. Say something bad about big bang/something else atheist related to an atheist and you're pretty much guaranteed to start a shitstorm. Same goes for religious people.

It's not the atheists that blames things on religion, it's some fucked up people that has misunderstood their religion that sais they carry the word of God.

Edited by VMR

Tolerance, love and others good thing, that's the point of religion but thoses following words prove than men dont know how to understand well religion,

Crusade, inquisition, war in isreal , racism , untolerance, many people killed

For me religion is a nice way to help people who need a life guide , a father watching on them

A true believer should pray and follow his religin in his own maner, by respecting people and not the opposite

When i was sixteen i go to a catholic camp for skying (at first i didnt know that was a catholic camp xD)and i was shocked when i saw some of the "rules" it's like a sect, everything that can you drag out from the catholism is a sin, same for many others thing...

Most of the people who where here were dumb, many of them believed in god because they were afraid of death and hell, bunchs of hypocrites, they believed in god because of fear...

Well sorry for the bad english, and me ? About gods i have epicure's point of view and for religions Marx's point of view :P.

A true believer should pray and follow his religin in his own maner

I never understood this. You get a holy book stating the rules with a fancy story attached to it (Bible, Qur'an, you name it), and still people decide what they listen to and what they ignore. What gives them the authority or the power to do so? You get a book, it contains the word of your "God", and still you think "You know what, God is cool and all, but I don't think I have to follow all of his rules to go to heaven!".

I know a lot of stuff from the Bible is stupid or impossible/hard to follow these days (no sex before marriage, the pope telling you not to use condoms, or how you shouldn't molest young boys), and that's a reason for me to believe that the Bible (or religion in general) does not belong in our current, modern lifestyle. I believe it was just used to keep the people satisfied without them asking any questions. Because that's the only way to get into heaven.

This was very useful for the governments, they could just use their power in any way they wanted to use it and claim "God" told it to them in some kind of way. Also very useful for the churches, because they could get money (like the "instantly remove your sins"-cards) and support (for wars for example) easily.

All in all, I think our current religion is just a spin-off of the more brutal religion we had in the past. Some people still feel safe knowing that there's an all-knowing being watching over them, others have been influenced at a young age. They have been influenced so much they can't believe anything different from their view.

Personally, I hope religion will become a thing of the past someday, or atleast have less influence in our world. Although I doubt it.

The bible is a book.

A book was always wroten by someone.

That someone has always his own personality and character.

=> why should people use advices of some unknown to them form past ages? Also that those ages were PAST, not current (i could make a mistake here).

No, sorry. If there were even more people writing this book, then there should be a mistake.

We are Gods for ourselves. =>

=>We control ourselves. =>

=>We make our own life and do not repeat the life of some other people.

This is my opinion.

About the science, i can tell that the teleporter was already created, but shame that it was just the teleporter of only 1 atom, instead of 1 coke bottle :V

Edited by Mr.Darkness

@Mayco The word "old" would prodably fit better. It's like those old chinese sayings or old cooking books.

Shouldn't an all-knowing and all-powerful being be able to write a book with rules that don't get old? Or atleast tell his people what the rules are/get someone to write his word down again?

According to bible God gave man free will.

I don't know myself, maybe he did and people got him all wrong and he became some random homeless guy/started a new religion?

You never know. Or hopefully we will.

@QTesla The stuff I've seen don't prove that God doesn't exist, just the way it happened/how God did it.

Edited by EmRA

God was created by man because man wanted answers for things we couldn't explain. Since we know much more than we did back then, we question 'god', the creation of our ancestors. Religion today serves a whole other role than the reason it was created.

I want to know the answers to creation, but I also know that whatever answer I'll get in my lifetime should be questioned.