Mr. Green Gaming

Battlefield 3 discussion

Nobana

Apperantly i needed a browser plugin... but my wonder full IE explorer never gave me a message indicating that i should download anything yay for microsoft!

Sworn firefox user now!!

Welcome to the dark side of the force.

LOL jk were the light side, mozilla is non profit ftw.

Edited by Griffon

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL:

The max settings in the beta actually is NOT ultra. The highest graphics you will get is medium according to some resources @ http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1474225/last

So even if it says being @ ultra is only shows medium.

Thar, I fix'd it. :gmod:

btw, that screenshot kicks ass if that is indeed just medium settings.

I was already wondering can my computer REALLY go with 50% ultra settings...

Leider darf dieses Spiel aufgrund des Jugendschutzgesetzes in Deutschland nicht zwischen 6:00 Uhr und 23:00 Uhr heruntergeladen werden.

Translated = you can only DL Bf3 Beta between 11 Pm and 6 am, because you might be a kid <_<

There are some workarounds apparently. You should check out the forums.

After 2 months of daily bad news about the changes they're doing and how they're ruining a perfectly fine game, and spending 2 hours trying to run the beta without success, I have given up. Unless they drastically change everything about this game, I won't but it.

Also, Origin is shit.

Spent one hour trying to get game to work as battle log said my origin account didn't have permission to run beta. Realised the problem was I had used my EA download manager account because I assumed it would transfer over to origin, which it kind of did as it let my log in to the origin store and download origin and the beta but wouldn't run battlelog. Asked EA when account would get fully transfered and they said in a few months time. So created new account (Skodamogadon, also why doesn't it allow spaces in names?). I have a shitty thompson router so matchmaking doesn't work so have to use server browser, which doesn't so the servers pings for some reason which meant kept joining laggy servers or timing out losing all the xp I had gained. Didn't really like the map that much and there are loads of bugs(including one where i couldn't tell who was on my team) considering less than a month till release.

They still have quite a lot of technical issues to iron out, but I don't remember Bad Company 2 being a model of perfection in the beta. And even though the Battlelog and Origin system is reasonably solid, I think it's still making players jump too many hoops to get in a game.

EDIT:

Btw, if you're using Chrome, install this extension: http://www.coderah.com/?page_id=389

Lets you join passworded servers just as easy as any other.

EDIT2:

The github repo he made for the plugin also contains a Greasemonkey script for Firefox users.

Probably not gonna buy this, seems like another shooter I'll play for max 2 weeks and then get bored.

Not to mention all that pain in the ass stuff is has installing it/joining games/adding friends.

Also it feels like BC2 with new graphics and not all buildings even collapse anymore

Probably not gonna buy this, seems like another shooter I'll play for max 2 weeks and then get bored.

Not to mention all that pain in the ass stuff is has installing it/joining games/adding friends.

Also it feels like BC2 with new graphics and not all buildings even collapse anymore

> Opinion based on one map with one gamemode

> Opinion based on one map with one gamemode

Two gamemodes amd two maps