Mr. Green Gaming

Battlefield 3 discussion

Nobana

Jets been nerfed to hell by this patch too against everything but choppers.

- Cannon damage buff kills dogfighting - now someone barely nicks you and you're dead before you can react. Winner is the first person who sees the other guy, period. Don't even think about skillfully outmaneuvering 2 semi-competant planes at once (one of the most satisfying things to do in this game IMO) - you'll never be able to draw a bead on one without the other shooting you down. If there's so much as a lone stinger engie on the ground as well, you're triple fucked.

- Cannon damage is not noticeably increased vs. ground vehicles, which is where it was lacking. It was fine against aircraft pre-patch.

- Air radar, arguably the most essential tool in an effective plane's arsenal, has been triple nerfed (half range, only detects air units, doesn't show missiles even though it's supposed to). You'll hear an enemy plane's bullets ramming up your ass long before you see him on radar now.

- Extinguishers are nerfed due to the "improved" 35% disable threshold, which is actually just a handicap, especially in combination with the new insta-gib guns.

AA missiles pretty just kill/disable on contact as well, and you have a much harder time locating that pesky AA tank to dodge his missiles because of the not mentioned radar nerf. AA gun seems to do additional damage as well. Think you'll counter missiles with flares? No sir, those have an insanely long reload time as well.

Aircraft can't effectively do any strafe run action now if there is *anything* paying attention to them. To kill a tank or mobile AA you still need to unload 2 rocket salvos and most of a cannon salvo, which necessitates a very long run, and you will be instapopped if *anything* draws a bead on you during said run. To kill a tank with the guided missile, you need to hit it in the rear. Missile hit + full gun salvo will only disable a tank if you're not shooting it in the rear, and it'll be repaired by the time you come back around.

It was decent last patch, two guys working together could make life very difficult for planes, every random asshole with an stinger or AA tank shouldn't be able to so easily stop you from helping your team.

I fly planes to support my teammates on the ground, dogfighting is just an ugly necessity, but now AA is all jets are good for unless the opposition completely ignores you.

Thanks DICE, for ruining the game for me...

Zunz is right.

...try tanks or infantry?
How does that help? Flying a jet & chopper is way more cooler and requires more skill than tank-whoring or running & gunning.

Since when pressing W and moving around your mouse became harder than fps?

Its pretty much impossible to take out an jet whitout a stinger or a MAA, its not a good thing when half of your team is playing engineer.

Zunz is right.

...try tanks or infantry?
How does that help? Flying a jet & chopper is way more cooler and requires more skill than tank-whoring or running & gunning.

Since when pressing W and moving around your mouse became harder than fps?

Its pretty much impossible to take out an jet whitout a stinger or a MAA, its not a good thing when half of your team is playing engineer.

MAA = overpowered LOL!!

Jets been nerfed to hell by this patch too against everything but choppers.

- Cannon damage buff kills dogfighting - now someone barely nicks you and you're dead before you can react. Winner is the first person who sees the other guy, period. Don't even think about skillfully outmaneuvering 2 semi-competant planes at once (one of the most satisfying things to do in this game IMO) - you'll never be able to draw a bead on one without the other shooting you down. If there's so much as a lone stinger engie on the ground as well, you're triple fucked.

- Cannon damage is not noticeably increased vs. ground vehicles, which is where it was lacking. It was fine against aircraft pre-patch.

- Air radar, arguably the most essential tool in an effective plane's arsenal, has been triple nerfed (half range, only detects air units, doesn't show missiles even though it's supposed to). You'll hear an enemy plane's bullets ramming up your ass long before you see him on radar now.

- Extinguishers are nerfed due to the "improved" 35% disable threshold, which is actually just a handicap, especially in combination with the new insta-gib guns.

AA missiles pretty just kill/disable on contact as well, and you have a much harder time locating that pesky AA tank to dodge his missiles because of the not mentioned radar nerf. AA gun seems to do additional damage as well. Think you'll counter missiles with flares? No sir, those have an insanely long reload time as well.

Aircraft can't effectively do any strafe run action now if there is *anything* paying attention to them. To kill a tank or mobile AA you still need to unload 2 rocket salvos and most of a cannon salvo, which necessitates a very long run, and you will be instapopped if *anything* draws a bead on you during said run. To kill a tank with the guided missile, you need to hit it in the rear. Missile hit + full gun salvo will only disable a tank if you're not shooting it in the rear, and it'll be repaired by the time you come back around.

It was decent last patch, two guys working together could make life very difficult for planes, every random asshole with an stinger or AA tank shouldn't be able to so easily stop you from helping your team.

I fly planes to support my teammates on the ground, dogfighting is just an ugly necessity, but now AA is all jets are good for unless the opposition completely ignores you.

Thanks DICE, for ruining the game for me...

Indeed... Flares are rather useless without stealth now, since after you dodge first missile with them, and enemy starts lock on you, you're dead. Also "Beam scanning" is rather useless now (can't really see the difference).

Bolded the truth.

I didn't notice any real issues with jets. I still disable shit with a well prepared rocket salvo so no complaints there. And I didn't use Air Radar pre-patch so I don't really care :V

Heli pilot is still one of the hardest tasks in this game though. You don't last long if people are paying attention (pretty much anything can bring you down), but I guess it's made up by your damage potential when you get the drop on your enemies.

Heli pilot is still one of the hardest tasks in this game though. You don't last long if people are paying attention (pretty much anything can bring you down), but I guess it's made up by your damage potential when you get the drop on your enemies.

Well this completely depends on the map. The terrains shape of the map really affects on the effiency of the chopper; the best chopper maps are Caspian Border and OP Firestorm, because the terrain allows you to fly low and avoid the missiles(make them hit objects and hilltops when you fly low enough) since there is a lot of trees and shit in Caspian, and silos, buildings and hilltops in Firestorm. Of course "Below Radar" unlock helps too.

Only fucking idiots fly the chopper high in the air.

I consider flying a jet way more difficult than flying a chopper. Though one reason might be that I dont even have flares unlock on jets(which doesnt really help it or make it more fun).

Also, screw you Zunz for finally taking my 1st place in Attack chopper kills in leaderboards. I blame the fact that I havent been able to play BF3 since the update(which was released maybe 2-4 weeks ago, am I right?).

Edited by Nobana

I consider flying a jet way more difficult than flying a chopper. Though one reason might be that I dont even have flares unlock on jets(which doesnt really help it or make it more fun).

Well yeah, flares are quite essential. You can't really judge jet flying without them. I find jets quite a bit easier than helicopters (since the only enemies I really have trouble with are enemy jets that know what they're doing). Helicopters get taken down by fucking everything. Jet strafes, close stingers, cockpit shots (which is why hovering near infantry is dangerous), or tank shells (which makes hovering in general dangerous). And hovering is quite essential if you want your gunner to hit anything.

Nobana, updates are not going to fix your bf3 if you are just getting a black screen when you start the game.

what about fixing it yourself

Who said Im getting a black screen? The game crashes after 30 seconds of playing. I find your comment very stupid.

Yeah the underlining really make you sound more convincing. Going to install 64bit W7 this weekend(as I said earlier).

PS. Its the game developers job to fix problems which appear in their own game.

Edited by Nobana

Incase you bought the russian version, no wonder your client sucks.

a friend of mine had the same problem after this update.

Gee, where do you base these assumptions on. No I dont have the Russian version, why the hell would I want a Russian version, besides it would've been only 5€ cheaper.