Mr. Green Gaming

Battlefield 3 discussion

Nobana

Air Radar, Extinguisher, Rocked Pods on jets so far.

Rocket Pods can be really devastating if you attack from side @MiF

Also Extinguisher heals you up to 50% even if you had 2-10%

Yes i know, i might try rocket pods on conquest some day.

Also extinguishers are good in non-HC, but in HC i would rather use flares. Also extinguisher takes far more longer to "reload", so it's kinda bad if enemy has even one guy with stinger, who tries to kill you.

Air Radar, Extinguisher, Rocked Pods on jets so far.

Rocket Pods can be really devastating if you attack from side @MiF

Also Extinguisher heals you up to 50% even if you had 2-10%

Yes i know, i might try rocket pods on conquest some day.

Also extinguishers are good in non-HC, but in HC i would rather use flares. Also extinguisher takes far more longer to "reload", so it's kinda bad if enemy has even one guy with stinger, who tries to kill you.

They also increased the flare reloading times...

Well what i have experienced myself, is that with rocket pods i don't even disable vehicle, nor kill people with it. With guided missile (and beam tracking) i first fire the missile, then fire as long as i can with my gatling gun, and i usualy get "vehicle disabled" and sometimes even destroy. In Rush guided missile also speeds up killing tanks, and is much better choice in my opinion because you can fire that missile, and shot with your gatling gun at same time.

If I take good aim and have time to fire at least 10 rockets or so, any rocket barrage disables the target vehicle for me.

- Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.

Oh nice. This was actually a config trick in BC2 to get better hitbox accuracy. But BF3's hitboxes are fine on their own so I'll see if it's needed.

- Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.

Ahhhhhh

- Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

I hope they mean 'tripled the height', because jets stall waaaaay too easily on Noshahar Canals.

- Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

I hope they mean 'tripled the height', because jets stall waaaaay too easily on Noshahar Canals.

True. It also seems to affect normal airbreaking, since i can't press "S" longer than 3 seconds without stalling...

Only reason I can see for jets 'stalling' at 250 feet is that the air density is very low thus not generating enough lift on the jet to keep it up in the air, result: falling down as a brick.

#1. a MiG can fly to the edge of space which is about 40000 feet.

#2. if the air density is so low even at 250 feet, every ground personel should've choked to death.

DICE, What the fuck are you thinking?

EDIT:

A stall occurs when the plane is lifting its nose up too high, which results in the wings not generating enough lift. What then happens is that speed decreases and you start falling as a brick.

Edited by MrZunz

Only reason I can see for jets 'stalling' at 250 feet is that the air density is very low thus not generating enough lift on the jet to keep it up in the air, result: falling down as a brick.

#2. if the air density is so low even at 250 feet, every ground personel should've choked to death.

EDIT:

A stall occurs when the plane is lifting its nose up too high, which results in the wings not generating enough lift. What then happens is that speed decreases and you start falling as a brick.

Okey then. What is the term for that when you drop your speed too much, and you get "stuck" into air (And BF3 is being so realistic when jet STUCKS into air and drops very slowly, instead of dropping down.)

EDIT:

Okey then. What is the term for that when you drop your speed too much, and you get "stuck" into air (And BF3 is being so realistic when jet STUCKS into air and drops very slowly, instead of dropping down.)

It's called shit realism...

Usually when you decrease speed, you start gliding. Which basically is a slow drop.

Yeah, I get stuck in the air. I got raped last game in Caspian Border flying in a jet at the height of ~1000 by a guy at the same height, except he could move for some reason.

Useally you have to fall for a bit to get your speed up only then will you regain controll but it can take some time and it really isn't ideal when you have about 32 ppl below and in the air trying to kill you lol.

Edited by terminator

Re-installed the game and it still doesnt work. My friend says that he had the same thing after the update, but installing 64-bit Windows fixed it(I have 32 win7) and it was about not having enough memory because the 32-bit.

Gona try that, I was gona re-install windows anyways.