Mr. Green Gaming

The Super-Duper Minecraft Server UPGRADE

Clavus

It's finally here. Minecraft 1.2 is set to release tomorrow. At the same time we heard that our hardware upgrade is ALSO due tomorrow (around 23:30-0:00 GMT+1), which shouldn't bring our server down for longer than half an hour.

Minecraft 1.2 means we'll be starting a new map. Remember that the world height will be doubled so there's an incredible amount of space to build in! I'll also be releasing an update to our Green-Coins plugin: you'll be able to drop Green-Coins on the ground which other players can pick up! We hope this will inspire a GC related economy.

This world format change will mean there's a chance our plugins break. This could affect downtime, I'll let you know how it goes by updating this topic. Our Minecraft server will be down (from tomorrow evening on) until ALL upgrades have been applied (hardware upgrade, Minecraft 1.2 installation, core plugins).

On topic of the server hardware upgrade: we'll be going from a AMD Athlon 4850e dual-core processor to a AMD Phenom II X4 960T quad-core. The RAM will be upgrade from 4GB to 16GB(!). This means the server performance will drastically increase, it also means my wallet will be a lot emptier (please donate), and that we'll probably start experimenting with 100 slots on the Minecraft server.

100 SLOTS.

That is all for now.

UPDATE: the hardware upgrade failed due to presumed OS issues (fuck Linux) so it's postponed for probably several weeks. :/

We'll try to bring Minecraft back online soon but it'll still run on the old hardware.

Minecraft 1.2 means we'll be starting a new map. Remember that the world height will be doubled so there's an incredible amount of space to build in! I'll also be releasing an update to our Green-Coins plugin: you'll be able to drop Green-Coins on the ground which other players can pick up! We hope this will inspire a GC related economy.

100 SLOTS.

AT

FUCKING

LAST

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Minecraft 1.2 is here. The Bukkit team already released a compatible craftbukkit release (EDIT: nvm, it doesn't work yet), but they decided to drop support for their old event system. This means Factions and several other plugins just broke, we'll have to wait till those are updated.