Mr. Green Gaming

Infected Wars discussion topic

Changes are needed to keep the game fresh. Thing is that changes need to make it a better game in every way.

I agree in some ways. Although, huge drastic changes can also kill some gamemodes. Like some people quit ZS after the big gamemode change, although I really liked it.

Making changes in game modes is risky, but it's how u change it.

Spawn camping is a flaw in IW, and flaws are mostly priority's to fix.

IW is fine now, if you get owned you need improve your skills and not whine because you will always have a second chance.

Spawn-camping indeed sucks, but it really differs from map to map and from what kind of persons are playing.

There's not much you can do about it.

But what if people r spawncamping and some douchebag got behemoth and is afk and there r 5 experimentals turret spamming ur ass.

That's a flaw, goodluck with ur ''skill'' to beat them.

Spawn-camping indeed sucks, but it really differs from map to map and from what kind of persons are playing.

That's no excuse to justify it.

Edited by GreyDust

But what if people r spawncamping and some douchebag got behemoth and is afk and there r 5 experimentals turret spamming ur ass.

If you are AFK for more then 1 min you lose behemoth, Clavus fixed that ages ago

If you are AFK for more then 1 min you lose behemoth, Clavus fixed that ages ago

Indeed, and I'm not justifying anything Grey.

What I basically mean with maps is= in some maps the spawnplaces are all scattered and you cant spawncamp, but if you take a map like Nuke it's all very easy because the humans get the higher ground.

And what I ment with people= the noobs usually don't really know the rules that good and start spawncamping right away. But the more known players know that it sucks for the zombies and respect that by not doing it.

Edited by stalker-dude(nl)

More bugs

The radio dont play the whole song. It stop after 30-50 sec, and start at a new song.

The stalker suit dont make you 100% invisible. Only something like 90%

If you shapeshift whit stalker suit, you become a human with stalker suit.

Its a small lagg when changing weapons. About 0,20 sec / weapond

Vision dont work every time.

The radio dont play the whole song. It stop after 30-50 sec, and start at a new song.

The SoundDuration function (which gives back the length of a sound) broke with the update. AzuiSleet is going to fix it but I'll just enter the durations manually for the next update.

The stalker suit dont make you 100% invisible. Only something like 90%

Is this since the engine update? Is this the case when standing still or when moving?

If you shapeshift whit stalker suit, you become a human with stalker suit.

Noted, will fix.

Its a small lagg when changing weapons. About 0,20 sec / weapond

Bug in GMod. It'll be fixed in the next GMod update. It only occurs if you have fast weapon switch enabled and you're using the scrollwheel to change weapons.

Vision dont work every time.

Noted, there's a lua error. I'll look into it.

New bugs:

1. When the behe shoots a meatball it sometimes disappears when hitting the floor leaving no explosion and no blood. (doesn't happen always)

2. When a zombie gets killed by a proxmine the explosion and sound isn't there. (doesn't happen always either)

3. The lag of when someone joins has become alot worse.

Just wanted to say that.

Update!

Infected Wars v1.19

* Added two new shop items

* Bones suit now allows walljumping

* Controls change: game is now on always-sprint, you don't have to hold shift

* Tweaked (read: nerfed) turret

* Weapon tweaks. Kriss and UMP smgs are now more powerful.

* Babies can't be instantly sacrificed, need a few seconds to 'activate'

* Fixed bugs and exploits (infectionball damage, suit zoom, vision power, radio,

stalker suit after shapeshift, proxmines lua error)

* More zombies choosen at start for when there are lots of players

More coming in the second update, but that might take a while.