Zombie Survival - Ideas and Suggestions

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

few things what i would like to have in ZS

well first of all the zombies are too fuckin healthy at start. pistol is pretty much useless against them! one zombi can take all of yor ammo, if there is more than 20 people... (even 10 % of health could help alot)

second zombies attack area (how wide they attack) is TOO SMALL when humans run away its always green but barely misses the center of the crosshair.

thirth at start there should be meelee weapons + weapons drop to the map. like alot of pistols and few more powerfull weapons.

and bonus = zombine ARE TOO HEALTHY i had autoshotty and it took 2 clips of ammunition to kill 1!!! and there was like 5 zombines in there... and there was propaply only 2 with shotguns. this proplem could be taken A: taking health away or B:making them not able to sprint all the time (and reducin the health little bit)

and one funny thing would be that if zombie dies it would become the headcrap on its head.

thank you for your reading this.

Edited by Weo

few things what i would like to have in ZS...*snip*

I agree, the first zombies sometime have insane hp. Yesterday I had a 850 hp zombie and with the steamroller and bloodsucker upgrade i couldn't die once the whole round. I don't know if it's supposed to be balanced, but it was fun :lol: (not for the humans though)

Zombines: Yes they are hard to kill, i usually just let them explode, run away and don't waste ammo. But in an uncaded last stand they are impossible to stop if more than 2 are attacking. I would like to see the poison zombies with such durability, because they just die too easily imho.

few things what i would like to have in ZS...*snip*

I agree, the first zombies sometime have insane hp. Yesterday I had a 850 hp zombie and with the steamroller and bloodsucker upgrade i couldn't die once the whole round. I don't know if it's supposed to be balanced, but it was fun laugh.gif (not for the humans though)

Zombines: Yes they are hard to kill, i usually just let them explode, run away and don't waste ammo. But in an uncaded last stand they are impossible to stop if more than 2 are attacking. I would like to see the poison zombies with such durability, because they just die too easily imho.

Yes the HP at start is extreme sometimes, It even drove me to ragequit (really small chance i do that)

Not fun to see a zombie take down 10 humans (and me :( ) in 1 single life while he's being shot at with 15 pistols for 2 minutes.

I will stop complaining, but just play some zs and see for yourself. I agree its their last chance, but that doesnt mean the zombine needs to be unkillable. When i see a zombine i dont even shoot it anymore because it will survive my hits anyway. I dont care if 1 zombine hits me, but i do care when they constantly keep coming and are unkillable thus killing all humans without any skill. The only way is to barricade and camp which is definately not wat you want to get while playing zs. Some people still complain about howler, but they should really be complaining about zombines. The original suicide class worked well, but zombines are just to damn healthy. I am never zombine, because its to OP. Im sure im not the only one with the zombine problem.

P.s: I think you got a solution for this problem already thats why you dont nerf, but i just want you to know my opinion as the situation is atm.

Edited by Damien

When i see a zombine i dont even shoot it anymore because it will survive my hits anyway.

Right on same here... i mean sometimes i get the autoshotty or shotty and then i HOPE that it would kill it... but i was wrong. so many times i thought i could take alone 1 zombine down but no... when they receive enought damage they set explode,when they are enought close they explode, when they are too far they sprint near and explode, when they are with your friends explode,explode... WAS THE ZOMBINE DESIGNED TO BE KILLED ON SUICIDE??? seriously.

and as i said ZOMBIES ARE TOO FUCKIN STRONG AT START. 10 humans 4-7 survives of 1 normal zombie attack -.-

it was MUCH MUCH better when you start with fist and you search for weapons... they could put supplies to end.

i miss those times. i got videos on youtube about the old times. (old times zombies werent imba because everyone didn't have pistols or even weapons. it was just pure skill, now its about who gets the last shot or random assist ( also in old times team work was more vital to survival because they needed to share weapons. now its just like this... okay i kill zombies until i get better weapon then i go behind barricades... AWW FUCK they have barricaded them self in and i will run the rest of my time with zombies... even thought i get better points and i survive it doesn't mean i want it, believe or not but i actually like to TEAMWORK...)) thats some text right there :D

hopefully admins/coders see our messages and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... or even say us what they are doing.

Stronger, faster and more healthy chems to be exact. Starting zombies should be strong , because they need to kill a human in a large group of humans. Pistol dmg is the problem and not the zombies. They are just to damn weak against zombies. Today i measured the exact amount of ammo needed to kill a zombine difficulty was hard and i had a m249 saw, it took me 90 bullets to kill it so almost one full clip. It takes 7 to 8 hits with hl 2 shotty to kill a zombine, in the same match i killed normals with 1 to 2 hits. :S. I miss the chems, they were the most balanced suicide class i can think off that dont ruin the game. Like i said earlier zombines make the camping worse and not decrease it.

P.s: sry for complaining again, but zombines are driving me nuts.

One last thing: some medics seem to get a big speedincrease , looking like speed hacks but i dont think those people use hacks. It looks like they experience lag and just teleport instead of running.

I've been playing a lot and my ideas are just too get more balance in the game.

- Zombine: Change health to 200, because they are just too overpowered. They'll just run in to you constantly until the human is death, no skill is required for this class. Although it IS humans last hope so either change health or let be an available class at 2:00.

- Weapons: Some new weapons are always awesome!

- Nailing (Support): Ok, I've been cading a lot and personally I think the game will be more balanced if nails CAN break. After a certain amount of damage on the prop the nail is gone. Either that or let support has lesser nails, because 1-2 humans can nail all props in the map make the game very unbalanced. If you got lesser nails like 3 (?) that their more unique and therefor humans need to be careful where to nail.

- Healing (Medic): Change the big health kit to a certain amount of small health vials that heals 5-10 hp, so a medic starts with 3-5 vials which he can give to others. Another thing could be that if he gives the heath vial the person gets 10 hp and if he heals himself he gets 5 hp. This makes the medic need too CHOOSE whether he gives them for more health or do just heal himself for lesser health. For this idea also make it possible for health vials too respawn in supply crate (at a low chance).

OR instead of that idea make the medics stand still when they heal themselves with the current medkit. Because we all hate medic runs at the end of the game (non-skilled).

- Ammo (Support): Make support able to throw some ammo kits on the ground (same idea at medic).

- Cading (Engineer): Ok, you can't level this class because cades were removed for a good reason, although please replace it with something else because it's been a long time since they were removed.

- Maps: New maps, plus remove some like Caverns. Map suggestions are: Small, narrow and many props.

I made these suggestions because nowadays not much of a skill is required to play the game. And with these it might change.

* I might edit for new ideas. *

- Jeremiah

Edited by Jeremiah

Stronger, faster and more healthy chems to be exact. Starting zombies should be strong , because they need to kill a human in a large group of humans. Pistol dmg is the problem and not the zombies. They are just to damn weak against zombies. Today i measured the exact amount of ammo needed to kill a zombine difficulty was hard and i had a m249 saw, it took me 90 bullets to kill it so almost one full clip. It takes 7 to 8 hits with hl 2 shotty to kill a zombine, in the same match i killed normals with 1 to 2 hits. :S. I miss the chems, they were the most balanced suicide class i can think off that dont ruin the game. Like i said earlier zombines make the camping worse and not decrease it.

P.s: sry for complaining again, but zombines are driving me nuts.

One last thing: some medics seem to get a big speedincrease , looking like speed hacks but i dont think those people use hacks. It looks like they experience lag and just teleport instead of running.

Chems weren't always balanced, at start they were "op", then after a nerfing they were so weak and so easy to kill that they failed.

I suggest that Zombines get less health as it's been said, or are more vulnerable when they're running (or even when they're not :P ) and that autoshotty can kill them faster.

Also, talking about autoshotty, it seems it's slightly imba when you compare it to the hl2 shotty, the auto is meant to be stronger (as we had the M3 which was slow, and M1014 was faster & stronger than it).

Welcome Jeremiah :D

My comments on your suggestions:

1. Deluvas doesnt want to nerf zombine, but i agree with you on this

2. Grenades, snipers and 1 extra shotgun

3. Less nails would be the solution, because cades are breakable enough.

4. I agree that they should get vials instead of the kit, but its hard to find a good amount. 10 vials that heal 20 hp and that regenerate 1 vial with ammo regen would be good numbers in my opinion.

Or like you said make them stand still while healing, but that doesnt really solve the problem.

5. I agree

6. Re-add the old barricading kit ( planks) that would solve the problem.

Edited by Damien

there needs to be more focus on zombie SURVIVAL and not "zombie hunt"!

Totally agree, this is what zombie survival is about. Back in the old days everybody camped in the bathroom or another small room with 20+ people in it. The chaos was just absolutely fun, nowadays stupid overpowered berserkers HUNT zombies, as a zombie I try to pass berserker as much as I can. And that's just crazy..

6. Re-add the old barricading kit ( planks) that would solve the problem.

Can't, they were removed because players would go out of the map or go on roofs with the barricade kit.

Stronger, faster and more healthy chems to be exact. Starting zombies should be strong , because they need to kill a human in a large group of humans.

No, not always. The health of the starting zombies must be determined by the number of humans. Imagine an unkillable zombie with a huge amount of health stucking 3 humans eating them all? It won't be fair.

@ jeremiah: i meant the barricade kit from the zs that had no human classes and no green shop. That kit worked well.

@ messy: giving starting zombies to much hp and they will be unkillable and to little and they are live targets. My suggestion was to increase pistol dmg instead of constantly changing zombies.

Edited by Damien